Beta Request for Crossover Fic

  • Raine Wynd (Ali)
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15 12:07 PM
      I am looking for a beta for a Highlander: the Raven (HLTR) crossover
      with SGA. If you are familiar with the Highlander universe but haven't
      seen HL:TR, that's OK, I can bring you up to speed on the character in
      question.

      What I'm looking for in a beta: someone who can help keep me from
      having impossibly long sentences; check my grammar, punctuation, and
      spelling; help me keep my plot from wandering off aimlessly and offer
      constructive suggestions for cohesion if necessary, and who can turn
      around a story in a week or less, barring any unforeseen life events.
      Right now, the story I'm writing is nearly finished and is about 40
      pages in Word. This will be my first SGA story, but it's not the first
      fanfic I've ever written.

      What I will give my beta in return and notes about me: beta credit of
      course, prompt replies to suggested comments/corrections, reasons why
      I might disagree or agree with you on something, and virtual
      chocolate. I will also make myself available, if asked, to have an
      interactive session via ICQ or AIM, keeping in mind that I'm on the
      West Coast of the USA, time-wise. My grammar and punctuation style is
      American, so please take that into account.

      Rating and warnings of the story in question: slash and some violence.
      Main focus in terms of SGA characters is Ronon, John, with appearances
      by Teyla, Sam, and Major Lorne. One OFC.

      Please let me know if you're interested, preferably directly at
      wenchita at gmail dot com.

      Looking forward to whoever responds!

      Thanks in advance,
      Raine