Another new author looking for a beta

  • Mapu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2008

      Hi

      This forum is a wonderful idea to link writers to betas.

      I’m new to Stargate Atlantis fiction but have been writing in other fandoms for a while – long enough to know that I desperately need a beta reader to tell me when I’m being an idiot. Sad to say that happens a lot. Commas are my mortal enemy. I swear they just keep inserting and deleting themselves from my stuff when I’m off in the kitchen brewing coffee. I never know where the little beggars are going to end up.

      I’m writing McKay/Sheppard fics and have three in progress with two very close to completion. I am a little Sheppardly when I write. I can’t seem to help but blow things up causing massive property and character damage in my stories. I usually put the characters back together again tho. The first story to be completed is pretty rough at times with un-sexy non-con and graphic torture scenes. It’s also UA… in fact all three of the fics underway are AU.

      I need someone who is deeply in love with their virtual red edit pen but I need to warn any potential beta that I am a control freak in that my story stays my story. I’m very open to suggestions and will listen and often make the suggested change but I don’t like it when betas just over write my words with their own.  I’d really appreciate the help and I am far from the type that gets offended at even the harshest beta. I love writing, it’s one of my top drugs of choice but more than just putting words to paper I want to write well. I try to get better with every fic.

      Please let me know if you think you’d like to help me.

      Mapu

      (AKA TwoWorlds)