Beta needed

  • Adrian
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
      I am in need of a beta for a Rodney-centric fic.

      I'm in need of someone who can give me plot and characterization analysis and not grammar and
      punctuation (although, if such errors are found, it's always appreciated if they're pointed out).

      Length-wise, the story I'm writing is going to be in the ballpark of 25000 words, with 40
      parts - each about 6250 words.

      It's going to be set post-"Tao of Rodney", though some mention of "Sunday" will be made in
      regards to Carson's character. (And "The Game" *might* be mentioned, but in an off-hand, general
      conversation sort of way.) The pairings are going to be Rodney/John (in a
      just-starting-to-get-into-a-relationship way), Rodney/OFC, Rodney/Chuck/Lorne and John/Carson.
      The rating will be NC-17.

      The basic idea of the story is that Rodney is stranded on another planet and goes native.
      The majority of the first half of the fic deals with this (with a few parts focusing on the
      "Meanwhile, back in Atlantis...") He ends up staying there for about 3 & 1/3 years and makes a
      new life for himself there before people from Atlantis are able to make it back, with help from a
      mutual trade relation. Once back, Rodney has trouble reacclimating himself to Atlantis and feels
      himself stuck between two worlds. Then, he gets a plea for help from his adopted world and feels
      compelled to go back and help them, taking back-up with him (as well as a means to get home this
      time).

      If anyone's interested, I can give more in-depth information.

      And I'm planning on having the first part done by the end of next Wednesday.

      Thanks,
      Adrian

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • denyce36
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 2, 2010
        Hiya =)

        In need of a beta for a slash piece pairing: Lorne/Ronon, R
        It's an AU take off of S4 episode of Last Man Standing. The word count is: 3049 No major rush but I'd like to post a beta'd version before the new year.

        Strong points needed: grammar, tenses, and commas.

        If you're interested please contact me here or email me privately at: denyce36 at yahoo.com

        Thanks in advance!!