Re: [wraithbeta] Looking for Beta Team fic, G, series

  • Zafra Davian
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 11, 2007
      I have been having the same problem for my stories. I would like to know from some other betas if they are just uber-busy or if, as I suspect, quite a number of them have long-standing mutual relationships with an author and they have gotten into the habit of only beta-reading their stuff. (experience from other fandoms)

      I have recently helped someone, and I am available, there are just some limitations, as always. :) I don't have time for huge stories if you are on a deadline and I don't want to beta anything like non-con, bdsm or mpreg for continuity and characterization. I will beta:

      Anything under 15,000 words (if it borders, talk to me)
      All slash pairings (including F/F)
      Gen/Team fics
      I can beta het, I just don't generally *read* it
      Anything rated G-NC/17 in those catagories
      I do have a family business, so I am not available during the day, except on rare occasions. (Make an 'appt' with me, lol)
      I have Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, AIM, etc if you want to chat about stuff (I am in Eastern Time Zone)
      I use MS Word with the Track Changes option the most to beta

      Any other available betas might want to send a similar email to this list with the above info as it pertains to you. Let's see who's really out there!!

      Zafra

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 11, 2007
        I do have two fics to beta, they aren't particularly long one is about 15,000 - 20,000 words don't have exact word count. But its NC-17 and completed. I just need somebody who can beta. I don't mind how long it takes either.

        I also have a second story in the series coming up as well

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 11, 2007
          I'm sorry I wasn't looking at my Yahoo earlier - often I leave myself connected during the day but I don't have that much time to 'chat' - I will be back on later after say, 4pm until about 6pm, then back again around 8. I would be happy to beta for you - let's see if we can't meet up later on chat?

          Zafra