Looking for Beta Team fic, G, series

  • entsg1efc2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2007
      Hello all,

      OK I have FINALLY got my butt in gear and go back to some of my old
      stories. This is the first one I have got a full chapter on so I need
      it done so I can post it while working on the last part.

      It is part 6 of a 7 part series set just after season 2s ep "The
      Tower". I had it on many list a year ago when I was still working on
      it but it's been a while now. (EEEK 15 months)

      You may need to read the other parts to keep continuity but that's up
      to you I guess. They are on fanfiction.net. It's all about how the
      team rescues Rodney from underground after they kill the ZPM.

      Thanks,
      Laheara
    • Ben Wilson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2007

        I've tried to get a beta for my stories as well but i haven't been able to find a capable or reliable person to do it so far

        Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now.
      • Zafra Davian
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 11, 2007
          I have been having the same problem for my stories. I would like to know from some other betas if they are just uber-busy or if, as I suspect, quite a number of them have long-standing mutual relationships with an author and they have gotten into the habit of only beta-reading their stuff. (experience from other fandoms)

          I have recently helped someone, and I am available, there are just some limitations, as always. :) I don't have time for huge stories if you are on a deadline and I don't want to beta anything like non-con, bdsm or mpreg for continuity and characterization. I will beta:

          Anything under 15,000 words (if it borders, talk to me)
          All slash pairings (including F/F)
          Gen/Team fics
          I can beta het, I just don't generally *read* it
          Anything rated G-NC/17 in those catagories
          I do have a family business, so I am not available during the day, except on rare occasions. (Make an 'appt' with me, lol)
          I have Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, AIM, etc if you want to chat about stuff (I am in Eastern Time Zone)
          I use MS Word with the Track Changes option the most to beta

          Any other available betas might want to send a similar email to this list with the above info as it pertains to you. Let's see who's really out there!!

          Zafra

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 11, 2007
            I do have two fics to beta, they aren't particularly long one is about 15,000 - 20,000 words don't have exact word count. But its NC-17 and completed. I just need somebody who can beta. I don't mind how long it takes either.

            I also have a second story in the series coming up as well

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 11, 2007
              I'm sorry I wasn't looking at my Yahoo earlier - often I leave myself connected during the day but I don't have that much time to 'chat' - I will be back on later after say, 4pm until about 6pm, then back again around 8. I would be happy to beta for you - let's see if we can't meet up later on chat?

              Zafra