Looking for a beta

  • Kevin Schmidt
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2007
      Hi I'm looking for someone to beta several stories that I have written. These include a couple of Kavanagh series. I should warn any potential beta that there is some slash and kink in the stories. If you're interested please contact me. Thanks
    • enola andra stoica
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2007
        If you need someone to bounce ideas off and not much help in grammar and speling department, send'em over! I do love a good Kavanaugh story;)

        Kevin Schmidt <kevin.schmidt1@...> wrote:
        Hi I'm looking for someone to beta several stories that I have written. These include a couple of Kavanagh series. I should warn any potential beta that there is some slash and kink in the stories. If you're interested please contact me. Thanks

        Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

      • mimbleful
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 14, 2011
          Hello everyone! I'm looking for a beta to help me with editing, but also with plot and characterisation - someone I can bounce ideas off of would be great! Also, I don't feel like I have a strong ability to write dialogue, so having a beta who can give me tips on how to make my dialogue more believable would be good.

          As to the story - I'm writing McShep for the Big Bang Mixup over on LJ. Basically stories are written with a music mix as inspiration. I'm not finished with mine yet, but I've already gone past 10k, and still have a lot of ideas about what I want to include - my mix has 18 songs in it! Too much inspiration! Ahh! My beta will probably need to be willing to tell me "This is not needed! Pull yourself in!" at times.

          Set after the end of Season 5, this story includes the whole team on Earth. It is a slowly developing love story between Rodney and John intermingled with action sequences. Though this is slash, the emphasis is not on sex, but on the characters and their back stories. The mix that I have is a bit angsty, but my pathological need to have a love trump all means that I have a happy ending in mind.

          Thanks in advance!

          mimbleful