beta needed

  • wolfsamiga
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2007
      I have written a short story that will eventually grow as time goes on
      but I would like a beta reader to review it. As stated will be an
      ongoing story mostly general love/hurt story.
    • spikeaddicted
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 30, 2007
        Hello all! I need a beta, preferably someone I can develop a
        relationship with, for several stories I have in progress. I really
        hate not having my work 'tested' by someone else to wrangle my grammar
        and also just make sure I haven't left out words or made leaps that
        don't work when someone who isn't the writer's brain reads it. :)

        Currently I have chapter/part 1 of a Radek/Ronon fic (G so far, doubt
        it will get above R) ready to go, a strange 'general' fic half-done
        and a McShep fic that is Rodney POV, mostly done. So far I am doubtful
        any of it will be NC-17, but I have written it before and I am sure it
        will come out of me again at some point, so I would be happy if a
        perspective beta was comfortable with that.

        spikeaddicted@...
        I can do AIM, Yahoo messenger, ICQ, etc if it's easier to talk that
        way. Usually I don't log-on just because I will spend all my time
        chatting.
      • stargateatlantisfan1978
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2007
          Hey,

          I'm looking for a beta who'd be in it for the long hual in a long term
          partnership. I need help with grammer and some spelling. Some help in
          characterization and in plots. Also someone to support and bounce idea
          off.

          Thanks
        • Zafra Davian
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
            This is my favorite type of relationship on the writing side, so I would be willing to give it a go with you. Warning, I am not always the fastest beta around. (As Kyn knows right now!) Unfortunately I run my own company and I am not online or available during the day. At night, though, I can make time for you on IM if necessary, or email back/forth and beta fiction, but not necessarily every day. (2 year old, too!) I'm looking for someone to do my fic, as well, but for some reason I've never gotten a bite. I guess I'll have to post the first few 'unbeta'd' and hope that triggers someone's interest!!

            If you can deal with the time terms,

            I'm looking for a beta who'd be in it for the long hual in a long term
            partnership. I need help with grammer and some spelling. Some help in
            characterization and in plots. Also someone to support and bounce idea
            off.

            Thanks

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Zafra Davian
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
              whoops! LOL If you agree with the time terms, then just email me back!

              (Life is crazy) Melody