Reminder about moderated status of the group

  • Alyse
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2007
      Can I remind people that as it says in the userinformation of the
      group, new users are unfortunately moderated, please? This is to stop
      the problems we've had with spammers joining and then hitting the
      group with spam.

      I do try to go through and take people off moderated status once I
      know that they're genuine members - which means after they've posted a
      couple of time - but I don't always have time to do it immediately.
      And I do try to make sure that any moderated messages are approved
      quickly, but I do have to do things like sleep and work, so I'm not at
      my computer 24/7

      I'd therefore be grateful if you could wait at least 24 hours before
      you resend any messages. Otherwise you simply end up spamming my
      inbox with copies of your mails, letting me know that they're sitting
      on yahoogroups waiting for me to approve them, and that just makes me
      cranky.

      --
      love and Thorntons' chocolates

      Al