Re: [wraithbeta] Looking for a beta

  • enola andra stoica
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25 9:47 AM
      Hi, Karla,
      Very interested! I can defenitly do constructive cricism. Problem is I can't correct grammar, since I am not a native speaker... so if you need help in that area too, you'll need to get it from someone else. But in terms of feed-back and constructive comments, I'm yours if you'll have me. ;)
      Let me know, k?
      Eno

      Karla <nightprowler8482@...> wrote:
      I have decided to accept a challenge and am looking for a beta to read
      and help me with what I have written. This is the first story I will
      have written to publish. It is a slash story with John Sheppard/Rodney
      McKay and is definitely an adult story rating. The challenge story is
      called Cycle continues and is posted on the Wraithbait site. It
      involves dark and disturbing scenes especially at the beginning so it
      is not for those who are extremely sensitive but I promise it will get
      better later on. I need someone to proofread and give constructive
      criticism. I am planning on a long story but as I am a worker and full
      time student it may take me a while to finish it. If you are
      interested please contact me. Thank you, Karla

      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

    • Kevin Schmidt
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2007
        Hi I'm looking for someone to beta several stories that I have written. These include a couple of Kavanagh series. I should warn any potential beta that there is some slash and kink in the stories. If you're interested please contact me. Thanks
      • enola andra stoica
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2007
          If you need someone to bounce ideas off and not much help in grammar and speling department, send'em over! I do love a good Kavanaugh story;)

          Kevin Schmidt <kevin.schmidt1@...> wrote:
          Hi I'm looking for someone to beta several stories that I have written. These include a couple of Kavanagh series. I should warn any potential beta that there is some slash and kink in the stories. If you're interested please contact me. Thanks

          Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

        • mimbleful
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 14, 2011
            Hello everyone! I'm looking for a beta to help me with editing, but also with plot and characterisation - someone I can bounce ideas off of would be great! Also, I don't feel like I have a strong ability to write dialogue, so having a beta who can give me tips on how to make my dialogue more believable would be good.

            As to the story - I'm writing McShep for the Big Bang Mixup over on LJ. Basically stories are written with a music mix as inspiration. I'm not finished with mine yet, but I've already gone past 10k, and still have a lot of ideas about what I want to include - my mix has 18 songs in it! Too much inspiration! Ahh! My beta will probably need to be willing to tell me "This is not needed! Pull yourself in!" at times.

            Set after the end of Season 5, this story includes the whole team on Earth. It is a slowly developing love story between Rodney and John intermingled with action sequences. Though this is slash, the emphasis is not on sex, but on the characters and their back stories. The mix that I have is a bit angsty, but my pathological need to have a love trump all means that I have a happy ending in mind.

            Thanks in advance!

            mimbleful