Ready, Willing and Able

  • Lorelle
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 15, 2005
      Please, somebody give me something to Beta! I've made a few offers -
      but no takers. Is it because I haven't Beta'd before? I'll read
      anything except FEMslash (Male slash is fine). PLEASE!
    • nimcat2000
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2005
        --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, "Lorelle" <timrelle@y...> wrote:

        > Please, somebody give me something to Beta! I've made a few offers -

        > but no takers. Is it because I haven't Beta'd before? I'll read
        > anything except FEMslash (Male slash is fine). PLEASE!

        I already put a message that i NEED a beta. actually, i need somebody
        to give me info on americanisms to flesh out my stories.

        Please look up my story "Stargate Atlantis: The Clone 'Verse" - if you
        like it, maybe we can come to an agreement about the sequel?

        nim the cat
      • Lorelle
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 16, 2005
          I don't know if I would be as helpful as you want Re: Americanisms.  I'm an Aussie.  Let me know if you're still interested and in the mean time, I'll go read The Clone "Verse"
        • nimcat2000
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 16, 2005
            --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, "Lorelle" <timrelle@y...> wrote:

            > I don't know if I would be as helpful as you want Re:
            Americanisms. I'm an Aussie. Let me know if you're still
            interested and in the mean time, I'll go read The Clone "Verse"

            I live in Iran - as in Islamic Republic of Iran. anything you get is
            more than i can :-)

            for example, for the first chapter i need some small packages of
            sweets and snacks that can be used as pocker stakes.

            you being from australia is actually brilliant - the expedition is
            supposed to be international, and jack is taking more people along
            than the original timeline, so having some aussies along only makes
            sense.
          • Lorelle
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 16, 2005
              Okay.  Sounds great.  A lot of our stuff is the same - and I'm not too bad at knowing what isn't.  We're a bit behind America (but only about half a season), so if that doesn't bother you, then YAY.  Send it to me!

              Lorelle.
            • nimcat2000
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 17, 2005
                You are still waaay ahead of me. all i have is about half of season
                1 which a friend taped and transferred to DVD for me - anything
                after, i have to read the transcripts on the net. good thing i'm
                writing au.

                i'm supposed to go on vacation soon, and i'm going to take my laptop
                and DVD with me and start writing "command decisions". right now the
                stories for "irreverence" are holding my brain hostage <snicker>

                the more i think about it, the more appealing is the thought of an
                australian team on the expedition. can you give me directions for
                the characters? maybey an officer from one of those old semi-
                aristrocatic families, and other members of the team from different
                backgrounds? all i knopw of australia is from lucy walker books, and
                i don't think they can be very up to date.

                i'll end up crediting you as a researcher instead of beta.

                can you give me a list ofsamll sweet and snack packs?