Beta needed

  • ShaMak
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 8, 2007
      Hey people!

      If someone is willing, I would like some help with a fic I've been working on. To be blunt, I need someone to tell me if it's any good or not -- and therefore, if I should continue to write it or not. Right now, the story is about 3600 words, with a prologue and the first chapter. Obviously, it is a WIP and I have no idea when I'm going to be able to finish. Of course, if you can also check grammar mistakes and such, I'll be very grateful.

      The rating of the story is currently FRT/PG-13. It will be slash eventually (though I'd say that the written parts are very much gen), and it is centered around an OMC.

      On a final note; please, I need someone that will really tell me if it is worth to continue the story or not. So, if it isn't good, I want someone who can thrash it. Really.

      Thanks,
      ShaMak

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • jacks_chicita
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 8, 2007
        Hiya, I'm Hannah and I'm willing to beta for you. If you send it to
        my email: blue_mystery@..., then I will be very happy to
        look it over for you.

        --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, ShaMak <shamakff@...> wrote:

        > Hey people!
        >
        > If someone is willing, I would like some help with a fic I've been
        working on. To be blunt, I need someone to tell me if it's any good
        or not -- and therefore, if I should continue to write it or not.
        Right now, the story is about 3600 words, with a prologue and the
        first chapter. Obviously, it is a WIP and I have no idea when I'm
        going to be able to finish. Of course, if you can also check grammar
        mistakes and such, I'll be very grateful.

        > The rating of the story is currently FRT/PG-13. It will be slash
        eventually (though I'd say that the written parts are very much gen),
        and it is centered around an OMC.

        > On a final note; please, I need someone that will really tell me if
        it is worth to continue the story or not. So, if it isn't good, I
        want someone who can thrash it. Really.

        > Thanks,
        > ShaMak

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Bonnie
        Message 3 of 23 , May 7, 2007
          Hi folks!

          I could use a beta reader for a McShep slash, post Tao of Rodney fic.
          It's 1500 words. And kinda schmoopy. I basically just want a
          read-through to catch any grammar/spelling errors and any thoughts you
          have like 'dude, this is so out of character, try this instead' and
          whatnot. I don't have Word, but I do have WordPad and Notepad.

          This isn't my first fic, and I usually just go by the seat of my pants
          and go unbeta'd, but there's this thing, and it's called 'patience', I
          guess I should try to learn that, lol.

          Also, I'd like someone who is open to working with me in the future. I
          only write fics every few months at the most, but I think a go-to
          fresh pair of eyes would be wicked beneficial. And randomly, I'm
          working on a McShep AU where zombies exist. So liking violence? A
          probable plus. And I don't usually go into NC-17 sexin. So as the Bush
          song goes, there's no sex in my violence. *cough*

          I'm going to quit rambling now.

          Thanks for your time.

          -Bonster
        • Mandi Buchanan
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 5, 2007
            Wraithbeta
            'Ello everyone,

            Having given up on having finishing the longer story I'm writing anytime soon, I've written a short 2,000 or so word J/R stroy.

            Is anyone around for general read through/ encouragement/ advise?

            My first finished story (Ever!) and would like to get feedback soon so I don't lose the goldern glow of creativity.

            Email me at madmandy1@... and I'll send it over.

            Thanks
            Amanda
          • Adrian
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
              I am in need of a beta for a Rodney-centric fic.

              I'm in need of someone who can give me plot and characterization analysis and not grammar and
              punctuation (although, if such errors are found, it's always appreciated if they're pointed out).

              Length-wise, the story I'm writing is going to be in the ballpark of 25000 words, with 40
              parts - each about 6250 words.

              It's going to be set post-"Tao of Rodney", though some mention of "Sunday" will be made in
              regards to Carson's character. (And "The Game" *might* be mentioned, but in an off-hand, general
              conversation sort of way.) The pairings are going to be Rodney/John (in a
              just-starting-to-get-into-a-relationship way), Rodney/OFC, Rodney/Chuck/Lorne and John/Carson.
              The rating will be NC-17.

              The basic idea of the story is that Rodney is stranded on another planet and goes native.
              The majority of the first half of the fic deals with this (with a few parts focusing on the
              "Meanwhile, back in Atlantis...") He ends up staying there for about 3 & 1/3 years and makes a
              new life for himself there before people from Atlantis are able to make it back, with help from a
              mutual trade relation. Once back, Rodney has trouble reacclimating himself to Atlantis and feels
              himself stuck between two worlds. Then, he gets a plea for help from his adopted world and feels
              compelled to go back and help them, taking back-up with him (as well as a means to get home this
              time).

              If anyone's interested, I can give more in-depth information.

              And I'm planning on having the first part done by the end of next Wednesday.

              Thanks,
              Adrian

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • denyce36
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 2, 2010
                Hiya =)

                In need of a beta for a slash piece pairing: Lorne/Ronon, R
                It's an AU take off of S4 episode of Last Man Standing. The word count is: 3049 No major rush but I'd like to post a beta'd version before the new year.

                Strong points needed: grammar, tenses, and commas.

                If you're interested please contact me here or email me privately at: denyce36 at yahoo.com

                Thanks in advance!!