Need Beta for PG-13 McShep Slash

  • aylamonic_m_mckay
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2006
      John-centric, slight AU - characters and setting are canon, it just
      so happens there's a situation which will obviously not happen in
      canon due to the fact that slash itself isn't exactly canon, so
      you'll have to bear with me. Slight spoilers for Tao of Rodney...

      It's a short two-parter [each part is around 4000 words long.] The
      first part is ready for beta, the second part is in it's first draft
      but should be ready by tomorrow night. I'm hoping to get the thing
      finished by Wednesday the 3rd, as I start classes again then and I
      won't have a lot of time, and I can imagine most people's winter
      breaks are coming to a close as well.

      I've already fleshed it out some from the first draft, and it's
      doubled in length just by that. However, I'd like a thorough beta -
      grammar and spelling, [although as a side note, I am Canadian, and
      my 'ou's will stay 'ou's, and if 'centre' pops up in there, that's
      correct, too] as well as any ideas for maybe giving the story more
      depth.

      I think this fic has potential, but I know there's something missing
      from it. It feels very run of the mill to me, and I know it has to do
      with Sheppard's character; I want to explore that, and develop it a
      bit more.

      I'm used to writing NC-17[I am of age for my region - if you're
      curious, i' 19], but I decided to skip the sex with this fic, and
      focus on the character in question, so it's a bit of a challenge for
      me.

      as well, it's untitled except for a terribly cliche working title
      which i refuse to disclose here for embarrasment's sake, lol.

      If someone's willing to help me out with this, I'd really appreciate
      it. Get out the red text, please! lol.

      I can be contacted by the following means:

      email: kibou_sueshijuu@...
      msn: kibou_sueshijuu@...
      YIM: aylamonic_m_mckay
      AIM: okkewok
      LJ-Talk: kibou_sueshijuu@...
      http://kibou-sueshijuu.livejournal.com

      if I can't be reached by one of those methods, then another of them
      will surely work.

      Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to take this on, I appreciate
      it. I hope this is enough information...

      Ayla/Kibou