Beta needed

  • fluffylittlewolf
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 29, 2006
      Hello, everyone

      My usual beta's a wee bit snowed under at the moment, so I'm looking
      for a stand in.

      It's for a challenge request response over at Slashfest, someone to
      check punctuation, spelling, grammar, and plot.

      This is a Roman SGA AU fic, NC17; it's 10 chapters and an epilogue
      long, about 26,000 words. It's also a slave fic, McShep, with a
      little Carson/Radek and Teyla/Ronon as well. It features implied non-
      con, physical abuse. It features implied deaths of both original
      characters and canon characters, but it's not a death-fic.

      The only drawback (sorry, I know this is a tall order) is that so I
      can revise and make any recommended changes in time to post the fic
      for the challenge closing, I'd really need it back by say the 7th to
      the 10th of December?

      Hope someone can help; if anyone wants some more information first,
      please email me.

      Many thanks in advance

      Huggle
    • drewsark
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 27, 2006
        Hi

        I'm looking for someone to beta a 3/4 possiblely 5 part story (it may
        end up with two endings)

        It's a rodney mpreg, which may end up McShep or McMichtell (hence the
        two endings.) It's slightly angsty but hopefully with a happy ending(s).

        I've only written the first 3 parts but i was hoping someone will be
        willing to go over what i've written. i'm not the best speller and
        it's my second attempt at writing a SGA story so if anything is out of
        character i'm happy for any suggestions.

        thanks

        tella.
      • ShaMak
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 8, 2007
          Hey people!

          If someone is willing, I would like some help with a fic I've been working on. To be blunt, I need someone to tell me if it's any good or not -- and therefore, if I should continue to write it or not. Right now, the story is about 3600 words, with a prologue and the first chapter. Obviously, it is a WIP and I have no idea when I'm going to be able to finish. Of course, if you can also check grammar mistakes and such, I'll be very grateful.

          The rating of the story is currently FRT/PG-13. It will be slash eventually (though I'd say that the written parts are very much gen), and it is centered around an OMC.

          On a final note; please, I need someone that will really tell me if it is worth to continue the story or not. So, if it isn't good, I want someone who can thrash it. Really.

          Thanks,
          ShaMak

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • jacks_chicita
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 8, 2007
            Hiya, I'm Hannah and I'm willing to beta for you. If you send it to
            my email: blue_mystery@..., then I will be very happy to
            look it over for you.

            --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, ShaMak <shamakff@...> wrote:

            > Hey people!
            >
            > If someone is willing, I would like some help with a fic I've been
            working on. To be blunt, I need someone to tell me if it's any good
            or not -- and therefore, if I should continue to write it or not.
            Right now, the story is about 3600 words, with a prologue and the
            first chapter. Obviously, it is a WIP and I have no idea when I'm
            going to be able to finish. Of course, if you can also check grammar
            mistakes and such, I'll be very grateful.

            > The rating of the story is currently FRT/PG-13. It will be slash
            eventually (though I'd say that the written parts are very much gen),
            and it is centered around an OMC.

            > On a final note; please, I need someone that will really tell me if
            it is worth to continue the story or not. So, if it isn't good, I
            want someone who can thrash it. Really.

            > Thanks,
            > ShaMak

            > http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Bonnie
            Message 5 of 23 , May 7 6:47 PM
              Hi folks!

              I could use a beta reader for a McShep slash, post Tao of Rodney fic.
              It's 1500 words. And kinda schmoopy. I basically just want a
              read-through to catch any grammar/spelling errors and any thoughts you
              have like 'dude, this is so out of character, try this instead' and
              whatnot. I don't have Word, but I do have WordPad and Notepad.

              This isn't my first fic, and I usually just go by the seat of my pants
              and go unbeta'd, but there's this thing, and it's called 'patience', I
              guess I should try to learn that, lol.

              Also, I'd like someone who is open to working with me in the future. I
              only write fics every few months at the most, but I think a go-to
              fresh pair of eyes would be wicked beneficial. And randomly, I'm
              working on a McShep AU where zombies exist. So liking violence? A
              probable plus. And I don't usually go into NC-17 sexin. So as the Bush
              song goes, there's no sex in my violence. *cough*

              I'm going to quit rambling now.

              Thanks for your time.

              -Bonster
            • Mandi Buchanan
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 5, 2007
                Wraithbeta
                'Ello everyone,

                Having given up on having finishing the longer story I'm writing anytime soon, I've written a short 2,000 or so word J/R stroy.

                Is anyone around for general read through/ encouragement/ advise?

                My first finished story (Ever!) and would like to get feedback soon so I don't lose the goldern glow of creativity.

                Email me at madmandy1@... and I'll send it over.

                Thanks
                Amanda
              • Adrian
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
                  I am in need of a beta for a Rodney-centric fic.

                  I'm in need of someone who can give me plot and characterization analysis and not grammar and
                  punctuation (although, if such errors are found, it's always appreciated if they're pointed out).

                  Length-wise, the story I'm writing is going to be in the ballpark of 25000 words, with 40
                  parts - each about 6250 words.

                  It's going to be set post-"Tao of Rodney", though some mention of "Sunday" will be made in
                  regards to Carson's character. (And "The Game" *might* be mentioned, but in an off-hand, general
                  conversation sort of way.) The pairings are going to be Rodney/John (in a
                  just-starting-to-get-into-a-relationship way), Rodney/OFC, Rodney/Chuck/Lorne and John/Carson.
                  The rating will be NC-17.

                  The basic idea of the story is that Rodney is stranded on another planet and goes native.
                  The majority of the first half of the fic deals with this (with a few parts focusing on the
                  "Meanwhile, back in Atlantis...") He ends up staying there for about 3 & 1/3 years and makes a
                  new life for himself there before people from Atlantis are able to make it back, with help from a
                  mutual trade relation. Once back, Rodney has trouble reacclimating himself to Atlantis and feels
                  himself stuck between two worlds. Then, he gets a plea for help from his adopted world and feels
                  compelled to go back and help them, taking back-up with him (as well as a means to get home this
                  time).

                  If anyone's interested, I can give more in-depth information.

                  And I'm planning on having the first part done by the end of next Wednesday.

                  Thanks,
                  Adrian

                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                • denyce36
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 2, 2010
                    Hiya =)

                    In need of a beta for a slash piece pairing: Lorne/Ronon, R
                    It's an AU take off of S4 episode of Last Man Standing. The word count is: 3049 No major rush but I'd like to post a beta'd version before the new year.

                    Strong points needed: grammar, tenses, and commas.

                    If you're interested please contact me here or email me privately at: denyce36 at yahoo.com

                    Thanks in advance!!