Beta Request

  • jannet_elliot
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      This is an unusual request, so thanks in advance for your
      consideration.

      I am looking for a long term, multiple story audience/beta,
      preferably able and willing to work in multiple fandoms, but at the
      very least conversant in the SGA universe. For the most part, I
      won't need help with grammar or basic writing -- rather, I'm looking
      for someone to point out weaknesses in overall story structure
      and/or characterization and to generally make the story the best it
      possibly can be.

      If you are interested and/or would like a writing sample please let
      me know. Despite the unusual nature of this request, I feel there
      will be a lot of benefits to a long-term writer/beta relationship,
      not the least of which would be higher quality fanfic and a more
      equitable level of collaboration (and credit).

      To give you an idea of what would be involved, here are the stories
      I'm currently working on:

      SGA stories currently under development:

      Unconventional Beauty: Beauty and the Beast, featuring Rodney as
      Beauty and John as the Beast. Also, because you can't have Rodney
      without contemporary science, lots of historically accurate 1800's
      scientific detail. Will run 5,000-10,000 words, be NC-17, and
      feature McShep.

      Untitled Harlequin AU: Rodney's a social inept astrophysicist/CEO.
      John's a caterer that Rodney has hired to play host at all of his
      corporate events. I'm sure you can guess what will happen next.
      Still in the pre-writing stage, but will probably be around 40,000
      words, NC-17, and and will definitely feature McShep.

      Other fandom stories currently under develoment:

      Switch: Fastlane (Van/Deaq, rating not yet determined)

      Untitled 10th Kingdom fic: ~3,000 words, post-mini-series
    • susanbdn
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2010
        Hi there,

        I'm looking for a beta to proofread a Carson and Laura story. It's 7,683 words, with a NC-17 rating. It focuses on their developing relationship.

        I'm fine with characterisation, plot etc., but I tend to have a blind spot when it comes to ellipses at the end of a sentence. Nevertheless, a general punctuation check would be most welcome. I want to be able to post my second story without any errors.

        If anyone's interested, please let me know.

        Many thanks :)

        --Susan