Re: Beta needed and beta offered

  • moonshadegoldgirl
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2006
      --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, "Marie-France" <marie-france@...>
      wrote:

      > Dual function posting :)
      >
      > I woud like to offer beta-reading skills, such as they are. I have
      > grammar books, dictionaries and thesauruses and plenty of time. I
      > tend to comment, extensively, on anything and everything that
      > seems "off". I find it easier if the writer tells me what they are
      > looking for in a beta-reader. Do not hesitate, I will do my very
      > best and hope that we can work together well :)
      >
      > Now, I do need a beta. I'm afraid I will kill my lovely regular if
      > keep sending her fics upon fics :)
      >
      > Gen, ~2000 words. Angsty, character death. Featuring Sheppard and
      > McKay. It's a quiet fic, not much action to be found.
      > I'd like someone who can spot a typo or a misused word and can
      > evaluate characterisation and basic plot. If the fic sucks, I'd
      like
      > to know why and what to do about it :)
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Marie

      I just joined and put up a request but after seeing this I'm going
      for it. I just need someone to beta my 7 page introduction to my
      Ophidian Equinox fic. It is a Gen but has got my OC in it and
      possibly some very, extremely light femslash in it (OC and another
      OC) Would you be willing to beta for me?

      LV