Beta needed and beta offered

  • Marie-France
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2006
      Dual function posting :)

      I woud like to offer beta-reading skills, such as they are. I have
      grammar books, dictionaries and thesauruses and plenty of time. I
      tend to comment, extensively, on anything and everything that
      seems "off". I find it easier if the writer tells me what they are
      looking for in a beta-reader. Do not hesitate, I will do my very
      best and hope that we can work together well :)

      Now, I do need a beta. I'm afraid I will kill my lovely regular if I
      keep sending her fics upon fics :)

      Gen, ~2000 words. Angsty, character death. Featuring Sheppard and
      McKay. It's a quiet fic, not much action to be found.
      I'd like someone who can spot a typo or a misused word and can
      evaluate characterisation and basic plot. If the fic sucks, I'd like
      to know why and what to do about it :)

      Thanks!

      Marie
    • moonshadegoldgirl
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2006
        --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, "Marie-France" <marie-france@...>
        wrote:

        > Dual function posting :)
        >
        > I woud like to offer beta-reading skills, such as they are. I have
        > grammar books, dictionaries and thesauruses and plenty of time. I
        > tend to comment, extensively, on anything and everything that
        > seems "off". I find it easier if the writer tells me what they are
        > looking for in a beta-reader. Do not hesitate, I will do my very
        > best and hope that we can work together well :)
        >
        > Now, I do need a beta. I'm afraid I will kill my lovely regular if
        > keep sending her fics upon fics :)
        >
        > Gen, ~2000 words. Angsty, character death. Featuring Sheppard and
        > McKay. It's a quiet fic, not much action to be found.
        > I'd like someone who can spot a typo or a misused word and can
        > evaluate characterisation and basic plot. If the fic sucks, I'd
        like
        > to know why and what to do about it :)
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Marie

        I just joined and put up a request but after seeing this I'm going
        for it. I just need someone to beta my 7 page introduction to my
        Ophidian Equinox fic. It is a Gen but has got my OC in it and
        possibly some very, extremely light femslash in it (OC and another
        OC) Would you be willing to beta for me?

        LV