Suggestion - for Beta Readers

  • Laryn
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2006
      I've worked with several authors on this list, and just realized that I've never seen any of the feedback that they receive when trying to submit their stories.  My latest author was kind enough to forward me a copy and it has helped to remind me of those long-forgotten grammatical rules and will improve my own work.

      I would encourage all authors to share this feedback with their beta-readers, as it can only help to make the story-writing better.

      I do applaud Alyse and Victoriaely for their strict guidelines, because it makes this archive one of the very few in any fandom to contain stories that are truly worth the time to read.  We've all been to archives that allow anything to be published, and it's very difficult to wade through the muck and find the good stories.  This archive is a wonderful exception to that rule.

      Laryn

    • victoriaely
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2006
        I agree about sharing the feedback with the beta-reader.

        About the archive... I have no contribution, it's Alyse and Leah who
        moderate it ^_^

        --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, "Laryn" <aleirian@...> wrote:

        > I've worked with several authors on this list, and just realized
        that I've never seen any of the feedback that they receive when trying
        to submit their stories. My latest author was kind enough to forward
        me a copy and it has helped to remind me of those long-forgotten
        grammatical rules and will improve my own work.

        > I would encourage all authors to share this feedback with their
        beta-readers, as it can only help to make the story-writing better.

        > I do applaud Alyse and Victoriaely for their strict guidelines,
        because it makes this archive one of the very few in any fandom to
        contain stories that are truly worth the time to read. We've all been
        to archives that allow anything to be published, and it's very
        difficult to wade through the muck and find the good stories. This
        archive is a wonderful exception to that rule.

        > Laryn

      • Laryn
        Message 3 of 3 , May 12, 2006
          Ack - I should have realized that.  Thank you for the correction!