Bata Request -

  • Colleen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2006
      Hello – I am looking for a beta to assist me with a story that I am
      fleshing out. At this point I'm not so concerned with grammar
      issues as I am with characterization, plot, etc. I'm new to the
      world of Stargate as a whole and sci-fi isn't normally my thing but
      I'm going to give it a go. The details of my story are below and
      some of the finer details are subject to change but hopefully this
      gives you an idea of what I'm working on. Thank you in advance and
      have a great rest of your day -

      Title: Untitled

      Categories: General

      Parings: possible Sheppard/OC

      Rating: PG-13

      woman named Rachel Shaw. Rachel claims to have been kidnapped at
      gunpoint from the Colorado Springs elementary school she teaches at
      and forced to drive her unknown assailant for several hours before
      she managed to escape after being assaulted by her kidnapper. The
      team doubts her story until she is able to produce her work ID
      badge. Clearly suffering injuries from her ordeal Rachel passes out
      before any more questions can be answered. Not seeing any other
      choice the team takes her back to Atlantis.

      The SGC informs Atlantis that Rachel had been reported missing by
      her family and that the FBI has launched an investigation into her
      disappearance. Rachel's car is found abandoned by the side of the
      road in a dense area several hours from her home but only a few
      miles from Cheyenne Mountain.

      As the team tries to solve the mystery of how Rachel came to be in
      the Pegasus Galaxy without the aid of a ship or a Stargate the
      matter of sending Rachel home to Earth turns into a political mess.
      Since she is "missing" she can not be put through the application
      process for the security clearance one would need to even have
      knowledge of the Stargate and Atlantis projects. Without the
      clearance and the subsequent non-disclosure agreement she can not
      leave Atlantis and no one can be told where she is.

      Warning: possible sexual assault flashback/aftermath