Re: [wraithbeta] Re: Beta needed- Whoops, please ignore

  • angela paterson
    Message 1 of 23 , May 4, 2006
      Whoops, ignore this. Meant to send as a private message. Sorry!

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hi. I've just taken on an absolutely huge challenge, and signed up for the NaNoWriMo challenge. I've just started writing my first ever novel, which will be a SGA story. It's a team story, which will probably, eventually involve most of the characters in Atlantis. I've just got the first chapter done, and it comes in at 4083 words. I'm aiming for the 50,000 words by the end of the month, but hope to post the novel as I go along. So I'm looking for someone that can primarily check it over for any spelling mistakes, and punctuation. I'm not bad but im not perfect either.

        Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

        Angela (aka ShepsAngel

      • Larkin
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 1, 2006

          Can you give me some details about the story, pairing? Raiting etc?

          thanks

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 1, 2006
            Hi. Yeah. There is no pairing, it will be a team fic, although it will be mostly focused on Rodney and Sheppard. It has a K rating. Sheppard and Rodney are captured off world, and are implanted with devices which mean that they can't sleep. I was doing some research, and found out that the longest anyones ever stayed away is 11 days. So the reason for the devices is to basically push them to their limits to get information out of them. However they're going to be rescued after a couple of days on the planet, and taken back to Atlantis, where Beckett discovers that he can't remove the devices. And they're basically going to go through all of the different symptoms of severe sleep deprivation such as hallucinations, and paranoia, etc.

            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 2, 2006

              I’m not brilliant, but if no one else offers to take it on, I wouldn’t mind giving you a hand, I can at least pick up most mistakes J

              Just let me know

              Larkin

              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 3, 2006
                Hey Larkin.

                I haven't had any other offers of a beta, so if you are still willing to give me a hand it would be very much appreciated.

                Thanks

                Angela

                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 3, 2006

                  Yeah, no problem J

[...]

                • fluffylittlewolf
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 29, 2006
                    Hello, everyone

                    My usual beta's a wee bit snowed under at the moment, so I'm looking
                    for a stand in.

                    It's for a challenge request response over at Slashfest, someone to
                    check punctuation, spelling, grammar, and plot.

                    This is a Roman SGA AU fic, NC17; it's 10 chapters and an epilogue
                    long, about 26,000 words. It's also a slave fic, McShep, with a
                    little Carson/Radek and Teyla/Ronon as well. It features implied non-
                    con, physical abuse. It features implied deaths of both original
                    characters and canon characters, but it's not a death-fic.

                    The only drawback (sorry, I know this is a tall order) is that so I
                    can revise and make any recommended changes in time to post the fic
                    for the challenge closing, I'd really need it back by say the 7th to
                    the 10th of December?

                    Hope someone can help; if anyone wants some more information first,
                    please email me.

                    Many thanks in advance

                    Huggle
                  • drewsark
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 27, 2006
                      Hi

                      I'm looking for someone to beta a 3/4 possiblely 5 part story (it may
                      end up with two endings)

                      It's a rodney mpreg, which may end up McShep or McMichtell (hence the
                      two endings.) It's slightly angsty but hopefully with a happy ending(s).

                      I've only written the first 3 parts but i was hoping someone will be
                      willing to go over what i've written. i'm not the best speller and
                      it's my second attempt at writing a SGA story so if anything is out of
                      character i'm happy for any suggestions.

                      thanks

                      tella.
                    • ShaMak
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 8, 2007
                        Hey people!

                        If someone is willing, I would like some help with a fic I've been working on. To be blunt, I need someone to tell me if it's any good or not -- and therefore, if I should continue to write it or not. Right now, the story is about 3600 words, with a prologue and the first chapter. Obviously, it is a WIP and I have no idea when I'm going to be able to finish. Of course, if you can also check grammar mistakes and such, I'll be very grateful.

                        The rating of the story is currently FRT/PG-13. It will be slash eventually (though I'd say that the written parts are very much gen), and it is centered around an OMC.

                        On a final note; please, I need someone that will really tell me if it is worth to continue the story or not. So, if it isn't good, I want someone who can thrash it. Really.

                        Thanks,
                        ShaMak

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • jacks_chicita
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 8, 2007
                          Hiya, I'm Hannah and I'm willing to beta for you. If you send it to
                          my email: blue_mystery@..., then I will be very happy to
                          look it over for you.

                          --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, ShaMak <shamakff@...> wrote:

                          > Hey people!
                          >
                          > If someone is willing, I would like some help with a fic I've been
                          working on. To be blunt, I need someone to tell me if it's any good
                          or not -- and therefore, if I should continue to write it or not.
                          Right now, the story is about 3600 words, with a prologue and the
                          first chapter. Obviously, it is a WIP and I have no idea when I'm
                          going to be able to finish. Of course, if you can also check grammar
                          mistakes and such, I'll be very grateful.

                          > The rating of the story is currently FRT/PG-13. It will be slash
                          eventually (though I'd say that the written parts are very much gen),
                          and it is centered around an OMC.

                          > On a final note; please, I need someone that will really tell me if
                          it is worth to continue the story or not. So, if it isn't good, I
                          want someone who can thrash it. Really.

                          > Thanks,
                          > ShaMak

                          > http://mail.yahoo.com

                        • Bonnie
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 7, 2007
                            Hi folks!

                            I could use a beta reader for a McShep slash, post Tao of Rodney fic.
                            It's 1500 words. And kinda schmoopy. I basically just want a
                            read-through to catch any grammar/spelling errors and any thoughts you
                            have like 'dude, this is so out of character, try this instead' and
                            whatnot. I don't have Word, but I do have WordPad and Notepad.

                            This isn't my first fic, and I usually just go by the seat of my pants
                            and go unbeta'd, but there's this thing, and it's called 'patience', I
                            guess I should try to learn that, lol.

                            Also, I'd like someone who is open to working with me in the future. I
                            only write fics every few months at the most, but I think a go-to
                            fresh pair of eyes would be wicked beneficial. And randomly, I'm
                            working on a McShep AU where zombies exist. So liking violence? A
                            probable plus. And I don't usually go into NC-17 sexin. So as the Bush
                            song goes, there's no sex in my violence. *cough*

                            I'm going to quit rambling now.

                            Thanks for your time.

                            -Bonster
                          • Mandi Buchanan
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 5, 2007
                              Wraithbeta
                              'Ello everyone,

                              Having given up on having finishing the longer story I'm writing anytime soon, I've written a short 2,000 or so word J/R stroy.

                              Is anyone around for general read through/ encouragement/ advise?

                              My first finished story (Ever!) and would like to get feedback soon so I don't lose the goldern glow of creativity.

                              Email me at madmandy1@... and I'll send it over.

                              Thanks
                              Amanda
                            • Adrian
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
                                I am in need of a beta for a Rodney-centric fic.

                                I'm in need of someone who can give me plot and characterization analysis and not grammar and
                                punctuation (although, if such errors are found, it's always appreciated if they're pointed out).

                                Length-wise, the story I'm writing is going to be in the ballpark of 25000 words, with 40
                                parts - each about 6250 words.

                                It's going to be set post-"Tao of Rodney", though some mention of "Sunday" will be made in
                                regards to Carson's character. (And "The Game" *might* be mentioned, but in an off-hand, general
                                conversation sort of way.) The pairings are going to be Rodney/John (in a
                                just-starting-to-get-into-a-relationship way), Rodney/OFC, Rodney/Chuck/Lorne and John/Carson.
                                The rating will be NC-17.

                                The basic idea of the story is that Rodney is stranded on another planet and goes native.
                                The majority of the first half of the fic deals with this (with a few parts focusing on the
                                "Meanwhile, back in Atlantis...") He ends up staying there for about 3 & 1/3 years and makes a
                                new life for himself there before people from Atlantis are able to make it back, with help from a
                                mutual trade relation. Once back, Rodney has trouble reacclimating himself to Atlantis and feels
                                himself stuck between two worlds. Then, he gets a plea for help from his adopted world and feels
                                compelled to go back and help them, taking back-up with him (as well as a means to get home this
                                time).

                                If anyone's interested, I can give more in-depth information.

                                And I'm planning on having the first part done by the end of next Wednesday.

                                Thanks,
                                Adrian

                                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                              • denyce36
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 2, 2010
                                  Hiya =)

                                  In need of a beta for a slash piece pairing: Lorne/Ronon, R
                                  It's an AU take off of S4 episode of Last Man Standing. The word count is: 3049 No major rush but I'd like to post a beta'd version before the new year.

                                  Strong points needed: grammar, tenses, and commas.

                                  If you're interested please contact me here or email me privately at: denyce36 at yahoo.com

                                  Thanks in advance!!