Beta needed for McShep NC17

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2006
      Hi,

      This is my first time posting here, so apologies if I miss any vital
      information out :).

      I'm in need of someone to beta my John/Rodney story. Word count
      wise, it's currently at 16,000 and change with no idea how much
      longer it might get. It's going to be NC-17 though, and there's
      still some angst to go before I get to that, so that's some
      indication that it's going to get longer. Also, my last fic got to
      a little over 56,000. I feel it's only fair to warn people *g*.

      As for other details, it starts with John whumping and adds
      emotional John and Rodney whumping a little later on, 'cause I'm
      mean :).

      What I'd like from a beta...well, I'm pretty sure the spelling and
      grammar is okay- I've used spellcheck and I'm pretty good at
      catching mistakes myself, but no one can ever get them all, so I'd
      like someone who can give that a check over. I'll warn you that I'm
      English, so anyone who uses the American spellings will need to be
      forgiving of my sticking 'u's in, or using 's' instead of 'z'
      and 're' instead of 'er' etc.

      I'm also open to any general comments on the characterisation, plot
      or structure. This is only my third fic, so constructive, but
      gentle, criticism is all to the good.

      Plus, what with John ending up in the infirmary (again) and me not
      having any medical knowledge, it's entirely possible that my fixing
      of him is quite fanciful. Anyone wanting to run over this, or the
      relevant section at least, with their medical hat on is more than
      welcome.

      So, there you have it. Feel free to email me if you need anymore
      details. And thanks for taking the time to read this post.

      Laura.
    • drax_the_magnificent
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2006
        Hey, I'll do it for you if you want.
        You may find that I update pretty slowly though as, I've got exams
        and coursework deadlines comming thick and fast, but I'm a sucker for
        McShep whumping, and it gives my brain something else to focus on,
        rather than just A Levels.
        Also a Brit, so I won't yell at you for using the Queen's English.

        Unfortunately, my medical knowledge is restricted to what's in my
        Mum's old nursing textbooks, and what I remember from when I helped
        her to study for her GNVQ 3, so apologies if I seem a bit clueless
        when it comes to medical jargon!

        ~Drakcir