Beta needed: Rodney/John, Radek/Daniel (long SGA/SG1 crossover, to NC-17)

  • chocolatephysicist
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2006
      Another newbie here looking for a beta reader for my first fic, a
      work-in-process of which I have nine chapters currently completed.
      It is a long, multi-chapter, plot-driven SGA/SG1 crossover fic that
      is Rodney McKay/John Sheppard and Radek Zelenka/Daniel Jackson
      slash. The particulars are:

      Title: The Origin of All Things
      Author: chocolatephysicist
      Category: Long, multi-chapter SGA/SG1 Crossover. Slash (Rodney
      McKay/John Sheppard), Pre-Slash and Slash (Radek Zelenka/Daniel
      Jackson).
      Rating: To NC-17 (parts currently written are to PG)
      Parings: Rodney McKay/John Sheppard, Radek Zelenka/Daniel Jackson
      (also Radek/MaleOC in past, and Jack/Daniel in past). Plus other
      background slash and het relationships between secondary
      characters.
      stranding members of the Atlantis expedition and SG1 on a very
      strange world.
      Warnings: Non-con in later chapter (not currently written, and not
      intended to be graphic). Temporary character death. Fic starts
      with destruction of Atlantis. Fic covers decades and includes
      characters starting families, including m/m couples through
      technological means. Fic includes both slash and het relationships
      in background characters, so be prepared for some degree of het sex
      between secondary characters even though this is a slash fic. Fic
      is very plot-driven, so be prepared for sex only when it fits the
      plot (and it does, I promise <g>).
      Spoilers: Through season two Atlantis and season 9 SG1.

      I'd love to find a beta reader (or readers) who would read what I
      have so far and let me know if it works. I'd love feedback not only
      on grammar and spelling, but also on whether I have the character
      voices and characterization right, and whether the science seems to
      work. All constructive criticism would be welcome (just please be
      gentle since this is my first time <g>). I'd also love to find a
      beta who I could bounce the entire story idea off of to see if they
      think it makes sense. A beta with knowledge of both the SGA and SG1
      universes, and most particularly anyone up on the lore of the
      Ancients and the Ori would be of particular help.

      Any takers?--I would love you forever and credit you highly when I
      post the fic. :)