Beta Request

  • awforcryinoutloud
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2006
      Hi!

      Just joined the list from the Wraithbait archive and am in need of a beta.

      I'm actually looking for someone that would be interested in being a
      beta on a pretty permanent basis (not just for one or two fics).

      I have one beta now, but am looking for a second beta for my longer
      fics so that they get two good run throughs before I post them.

      I'm a slasher and my pairing of choice is McKay/Sheppard but I also
      write Rodney/Carson and John/Carson as well as John/Rodney/Carson,
      though the majority of my fics are strictly McKay/Sheppard.

      Thanks!
      forcryinoutloud
    • bunny.fics
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2006
        I'd be happy to beta for you - any combination of the above pairings
        is good for me! I have a good Atlantis knowledge, as well as the
        science and medicine stuff if you want that, and am geeky when it
        comes to English and grammar.

        Just let me know if you want me!
      • jannet_elliot
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
          Hi everyone,

          This is an unusual request, so thanks in advance for your
          consideration.

          I am looking for a long term, multiple story audience/beta,
          preferably able and willing to work in multiple fandoms, but at the
          very least conversant in the SGA universe. For the most part, I
          won't need help with grammar or basic writing -- rather, I'm looking
          for someone to point out weaknesses in overall story structure
          and/or characterization and to generally make the story the best it
          possibly can be.

          If you are interested and/or would like a writing sample please let
          me know. Despite the unusual nature of this request, I feel there
          will be a lot of benefits to a long-term writer/beta relationship,
          not the least of which would be higher quality fanfic and a more
          equitable level of collaboration (and credit).

          To give you an idea of what would be involved, here are the stories
          I'm currently working on:

          SGA stories currently under development:

          Unconventional Beauty: Beauty and the Beast, featuring Rodney as
          Beauty and John as the Beast. Also, because you can't have Rodney
          without contemporary science, lots of historically accurate 1800's
          scientific detail. Will run 5,000-10,000 words, be NC-17, and
          feature McShep.

          Untitled Harlequin AU: Rodney's a social inept astrophysicist/CEO.
          John's a caterer that Rodney has hired to play host at all of his
          corporate events. I'm sure you can guess what will happen next.
          Still in the pre-writing stage, but will probably be around 40,000
          words, NC-17, and and will definitely feature McShep.

          Other fandom stories currently under develoment:

          Switch: Fastlane (Van/Deaq, rating not yet determined)

          Untitled 10th Kingdom fic: ~3,000 words, post-mini-series
        • susanbdn
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 28, 2010
            Hi there,

            I'm looking for a beta to proofread a Carson and Laura story. It's 7,683 words, with a NC-17 rating. It focuses on their developing relationship.

            I'm fine with characterisation, plot etc., but I tend to have a blind spot when it comes to ellipses at the end of a sentence. Nevertheless, a general punctuation check would be most welcome. I want to be able to post my second story without any errors.

            If anyone's interested, please let me know.

            Many thanks :)

            --Susan