Looking for a beta

  • victoriaely
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2006
      I'm looking for a beta for a gen fic, Carson-centered. It's set in the
      second season, but apart from Ronon's presence, there shouldn't be any
      spoilers.
      It's about the team going back to Hoff (the planet from "Poisoning the
      Well") to see what has happened since their last visit.

      I would appreciate a check on my grammar and punctuation. Any
      constructive criticism would also be welcome.

      This will probably be a longer story, made up of several chapters.
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2006
        --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, "victoriaely" <victoriaely@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm looking for a beta for a gen fic, Carson-centered. It's set in
        the
        > second season, but apart from Ronon's presence, there shouldn't be
        any
        > spoilers.
        > It's about the team going back to Hoff (the planet from "Poisoning
        the
        > Well") to see what has happened since their last visit.
        >
        > I would appreciate a check on my grammar and punctuation. Any
        > constructive criticism would also be welcome.
        >
        > This will probably be a longer story, made up of several chapters.

        Hi ya,

        I can help you if you're still looking for someone :)

        Linda
      • cassandra johns
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2006
          Hey!

          I'd be happy to look at your story, if you are still in need of a beta.

          Cassandra (ga unicorn)

          victoriaely <victoriaely@...> wrote:
          I'm looking for a beta for a gen fic, Carson-centered. It's set in the
          second season, but apart from Ronon's presence, there shouldn't be any
          spoilers.
          It's about the team going back to Hoff (the planet from "Poisoning the
          Well") to see what has happened since their last visit.

          I would appreciate a check on my grammar and punctuation.  Any
          constructive criticism would also be welcome.

          This will probably be a longer story, made up of several chapters.

        • fluffylittlewolf
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 17, 2006
            Hello all

            I'm looking for a beta for the following fic:

            Title: Letting Go But Holding On
            Pairing: Sheppard/Dex
            Rating: adult (sexual content, some language)
            Warnings: mention of attempted rape

            getting in the way of him and Ronon getting together.

            It's about 1800 words.

            I'd like my Beta to review the story for grammar, spelling and
            punctuation, plot, any OOC errors, flow, everything basically.

            Hope you can help, and thanks in advance.

            Huggle
          • Karla
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 24, 2007
              I have decided to accept a challenge and am looking for a beta to read
              and help me with what I have written. This is the first story I will
              have written to publish. It is a slash story with John Sheppard/Rodney
              McKay and is definitely an adult story rating. The challenge story is
              called Cycle continues and is posted on the Wraithbait site. It
              involves dark and disturbing scenes especially at the beginning so it
              is not for those who are extremely sensitive but I promise it will get
              better later on. I need someone to proofread and give constructive
              criticism. I am planning on a long story but as I am a worker and full
              time student it may take me a while to finish it. If you are
              interested please contact me. Thank you, Karla
            • enola andra stoica
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 25, 2007
                Hi, Karla,
                Very interested! I can defenitly do constructive cricism. Problem is I can't correct grammar, since I am not a native speaker... so if you need help in that area too, you'll need to get it from someone else. But in terms of feed-back and constructive comments, I'm yours if you'll have me. ;)
                Let me know, k?
                Eno

                Karla <nightprowler8482@...> wrote:
                I have decided to accept a challenge and am looking for a beta to read
                and help me with what I have written. This is the first story I will
                have written to publish. It is a slash story with John Sheppard/Rodney
                McKay and is definitely an adult story rating. The challenge story is
                called Cycle continues and is posted on the Wraithbait site. It
                involves dark and disturbing scenes especially at the beginning so it
                is not for those who are extremely sensitive but I promise it will get
                better later on. I need someone to proofread and give constructive
                criticism. I am planning on a long story but as I am a worker and full
                time student it may take me a while to finish it. If you are
                interested please contact me. Thank you, Karla

                Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

              • Kevin Schmidt
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 5, 2007
                  Hi I'm looking for someone to beta several stories that I have written. These include a couple of Kavanagh series. I should warn any potential beta that there is some slash and kink in the stories. If you're interested please contact me. Thanks
                • enola andra stoica
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 6, 2007
                    If you need someone to bounce ideas off and not much help in grammar and speling department, send'em over! I do love a good Kavanaugh story;)

                    Kevin Schmidt <kevin.schmidt1@...> wrote:
                    Hi I'm looking for someone to beta several stories that I have written. These include a couple of Kavanagh series. I should warn any potential beta that there is some slash and kink in the stories. If you're interested please contact me. Thanks

                    Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

                  • mimbleful
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 14, 2011
                      Hello everyone! I'm looking for a beta to help me with editing, but also with plot and characterisation - someone I can bounce ideas off of would be great! Also, I don't feel like I have a strong ability to write dialogue, so having a beta who can give me tips on how to make my dialogue more believable would be good.

                      As to the story - I'm writing McShep for the Big Bang Mixup over on LJ. Basically stories are written with a music mix as inspiration. I'm not finished with mine yet, but I've already gone past 10k, and still have a lot of ideas about what I want to include - my mix has 18 songs in it! Too much inspiration! Ahh! My beta will probably need to be willing to tell me "This is not needed! Pull yourself in!" at times.

                      Set after the end of Season 5, this story includes the whole team on Earth. It is a slowly developing love story between Rodney and John intermingled with action sequences. Though this is slash, the emphasis is not on sex, but on the characters and their back stories. The mix that I have is a bit angsty, but my pathological need to have a love trump all means that I have a happy ending in mind.

                      Thanks in advance!

                      mimbleful