Re: [wraithbeta] Re: Jessie Jane - Looking for a Beta - Akkera Maa

  • Akkera Maa
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 15, 2005
      Good to hear,

      I think we can help each other there, for I have
      exactly the same problem, I don't see my own typos.
      How about a exchange huh? I send you mine, you send me
      yours? You can try to get control of my grammar and I
      can kick your Stargate techno babble into the right
      lines... how about that?

      Well if you don't want to, have fun reading my fic
      anyway.There are 99 more to come - due to the
      fanfic100 challenge and I am still in need to find
      someone for the other 99 stories so tell me what you
      think!!

      Jeez I am babbling now!

      Anyway! Thank you...
      AMI

      --- "J.J. Cheshire" <FourSilverArrows@...> wrote:

      > --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, Akkera Maa
      > <minkaamarra@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hy, uhm... I am in no way a grammar beta, but I
      > can
      > > help with facts and the kicking part... I do need
      > > kicks in return though. But I think we can help
      > each
      > > other... righ?
      > >

      > Sure! I can kick with the best of them!
      >
      > Now, I have done some beta work in The Magnificent 7
      > fandom (mostly
      > for story plot and flow) so I'm not new to doing
      > beta work.
      >
      > Or kicking.
      >
      > ;.)
      >
      > I just can't see my own mistakes most of the time.
      >
      > Jessie Jane

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
    • J.J. Cheshire
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 19, 2005
        Hi, AMI!

        I was wondering if I sent your story file back correctly. I sent it on
        the 15th and I was wondering what you thought about my beta skills.
        Such as they are!

        LOL

        On my stuff that I was going to send you on Monday -- I decided that it
        needed a total rewrite. I've scrapped what I had and I've started all
        over again.

        The narrative wasn't working at all and I just couldn't seem to get
        across what I wanted.

        <sigh!>

        Are you still available to beta if I ever do get the story more up to
        par?

        It might be a few weeks.

        Jessie Jane
        FourSilverArrows@...
        foursilverarrows@...

        --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, Akkera Maa <minkaamarra@y...> wrote:
        > Well if you don't want to, have fun reading my fic
        > anyway.There are 99 more to come - due to the
        > fanfic100 challenge and I am still in need to find
        > someone for the other 99 stories so tell me what you
        > think!!
        >
        > Jeez I am babbling now!
        >
        > Anyway! Thank you...
        > AMI

      • minkaamarra
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 20, 2005
          uhm, where did you send it too? OR I just mist it.. because, frankly,
          I am new at this whole Yahoo mailinglist thing and I have no clue what
          to do where...

          Yes, I will be still avaiable for beta, just mail me than.

          --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. Cheshire"
          <FourSilverArrows@a...> wrote:

          > Hi, AMI!
          >
          > I was wondering if I sent your story file back correctly. I sent it on
          > the 15th and I was wondering what you thought about my beta skills.
          > Such as they are!
          >
          > LOL
          >
          > On my stuff that I was going to send you on Monday -- I decided that it
          > needed a total rewrite. I've scrapped what I had and I've started all
          > over again.
          >
          > The narrative wasn't working at all and I just couldn't seem to get
          > across what I wanted.
          >
          > <sigh!>
          >
          > Are you still available to beta if I ever do get the story more up to
          > par?
          >
          > It might be a few weeks.
          >
          > Jessie Jane
          > FourSilverArrows@a...
          > foursilverarrows@y...
          >

          > --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, Akkera Maa <minkaamarra@y...> wrote:
          > > Well if you don't want to, have fun reading my fic
          > > anyway.There are 99 more to come - due to the
          > > fanfic100 challenge and I am still in need to find
          > > someone for the other 99 stories so tell me what you
          > > think!!
          > >
          > > Jeez I am babbling now!
          > >
          > > Anyway! Thank you...
          > > AMI

        • J.J. Cheshire
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 20, 2005
            Hi, AMI:

            I'm sorry! I should have contacted you earlier and asked how you
            wanted me to return the file to you or if you had received it!

            I sent the file offlist to your yahoo e-mail address.

            The Subject line was: Hide & Seek with shooting starts - Jessie Jane.

            I can resend it again if you need me to. Just tell me what e-mail
            address you want me to use so you can see if it shows up.

            Jessie Jane
            FourSilverArrows@...