Re: Jessie Jane - Looking for a Beta - Akkera Maa

  • J.J. Cheshire
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 14, 2005
      --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, Akkera Maa <minkaamarra@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hy, uhm... I am in no way a grammar beta, but I can
      > help with facts and the kicking part... I do need
      > kicks in return though. But I think we can help each
      > other... righ?

      Sure! I can kick with the best of them!

      Now, I have done some beta work in The Magnificent 7 fandom (mostly
      for story plot and flow) so I'm not new to doing beta work.

      Or kicking.

      ;.)

      I just can't see my own mistakes most of the time.

      Jessie Jane
    • Akkera Maa
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 15, 2005
        Good to hear,

        I think we can help each other there, for I have
        exactly the same problem, I don't see my own typos.
        How about a exchange huh? I send you mine, you send me
        yours? You can try to get control of my grammar and I
        can kick your Stargate techno babble into the right
        lines... how about that?

        Well if you don't want to, have fun reading my fic
        anyway.There are 99 more to come - due to the
        fanfic100 challenge and I am still in need to find
        someone for the other 99 stories so tell me what you
        think!!

        Jeez I am babbling now!

        Anyway! Thank you...
        AMI

        --- "J.J. Cheshire" <FourSilverArrows@...> wrote:

        > --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, Akkera Maa
        > <minkaamarra@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hy, uhm... I am in no way a grammar beta, but I
        > can
        > > help with facts and the kicking part... I do need
        > > kicks in return though. But I think we can help
        > each
        > > other... righ?
        > >

        > Sure! I can kick with the best of them!
        >
        > Now, I have done some beta work in The Magnificent 7
        > fandom (mostly
        > for story plot and flow) so I'm not new to doing
        > beta work.
        >
        > Or kicking.
        >
        > ;.)
        >
        > I just can't see my own mistakes most of the time.
        >
        > Jessie Jane

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Music Unlimited
        http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
      • J.J. Cheshire
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 19, 2005
          Hi, AMI!

          I was wondering if I sent your story file back correctly. I sent it on
          the 15th and I was wondering what you thought about my beta skills.
          Such as they are!

          LOL

          On my stuff that I was going to send you on Monday -- I decided that it
          needed a total rewrite. I've scrapped what I had and I've started all
          over again.

          The narrative wasn't working at all and I just couldn't seem to get
          across what I wanted.

          <sigh!>

          Are you still available to beta if I ever do get the story more up to
          par?

          It might be a few weeks.

          Jessie Jane
          FourSilverArrows@...
          foursilverarrows@...

          --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, Akkera Maa <minkaamarra@y...> wrote:
          > Well if you don't want to, have fun reading my fic
          > anyway.There are 99 more to come - due to the
          > fanfic100 challenge and I am still in need to find
          > someone for the other 99 stories so tell me what you
          > think!!
          >
          > Jeez I am babbling now!
          >
          > Anyway! Thank you...
          > AMI

        • minkaamarra
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 20, 2005
            uhm, where did you send it too? OR I just mist it.. because, frankly,
            I am new at this whole Yahoo mailinglist thing and I have no clue what
            to do where...

            Yes, I will be still avaiable for beta, just mail me than.

            --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. Cheshire"
            <FourSilverArrows@a...> wrote:

            > Hi, AMI!
            >
            > I was wondering if I sent your story file back correctly. I sent it on
            > the 15th and I was wondering what you thought about my beta skills.
            > Such as they are!
            >
            > LOL
            >
            > On my stuff that I was going to send you on Monday -- I decided that it
            > needed a total rewrite. I've scrapped what I had and I've started all
            > over again.
            >
            > The narrative wasn't working at all and I just couldn't seem to get
            > across what I wanted.
            >
            > <sigh!>
            >
            > Are you still available to beta if I ever do get the story more up to
            > par?
            >
            > It might be a few weeks.
            >
            > Jessie Jane
            > FourSilverArrows@a...
            > foursilverarrows@y...
            >

            > --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, Akkera Maa <minkaamarra@y...> wrote:
            > > Well if you don't want to, have fun reading my fic
            > > anyway.There are 99 more to come - due to the
            > > fanfic100 challenge and I am still in need to find
            > > someone for the other 99 stories so tell me what you
            > > think!!
            > >
            > > Jeez I am babbling now!
            > >
            > > Anyway! Thank you...
            > > AMI

          • J.J. Cheshire
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 20, 2005
              Hi, AMI:

              I'm sorry! I should have contacted you earlier and asked how you
              wanted me to return the file to you or if you had received it!

              I sent the file offlist to your yahoo e-mail address.

              The Subject line was: Hide & Seek with shooting starts - Jessie Jane.

              I can resend it again if you need me to. Just tell me what e-mail
              address you want me to use so you can see if it shows up.

              Jessie Jane
              FourSilverArrows@...