Re: [dei] WordPress Question - Hebrew page inside English website

  • Miriam Schwab
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2012
      Hi Todd,

      One way of doing this, as opposed to creating a full Hebrew site for one
      page, is to create a Page Template that is for Hebrew text (info on how to
      create page templates:
      http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#Creating_Your_Own_Page_Templates). The
      most important difference between this page template and the other pages on
      the site is that the main title and text is right-aligned. You could go
      further, and have a Hebrew header, move the sidebar to the other side, and
      a Hebrew footer.

      Finally, the admin of your site will be in English since most of the site
      is in English, and adding Hebrew content in the English editor is annoying
      due to the right-to-left / left-to-right issues. In order to make it less
      painful to deal with, add the WP-RTL plugin which adds buttons to the
      editor that allows you to push text to the right:
      http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-rtl/.

      Yoav Farhi, who works for Automattic (the company behind WordPress) and
      lives in Israel, has created a lot of tutorials on how to create themes
      that support RTL. You can find some of that info by searching for his name,
      or the term "WordPress rtl".

      Miriam

      Miriam Schwab
      illuminea web presence agency | www.illuminea.com <http://illuminea.com>
      T: +972.2.566.0297
      mschwab@...
      WordPress tips, tricks & hacks: WPGarage.com