Organizing Posts

  • Gerald
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
      Posts normally organize themselves by date published. Up until this time I have changed the dates to rearrange the posts. Is there any other way to do this? We can create categories, can't we sort by category? Gerry in Calgary.
    • Miriam Schwab
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2011
        You can organize posts in other ways by modifying the query, or by using
        plugins. Some options are: ordering by post name (could be good for a
        directory of glossary), by author, by category, reverse chronological,
        randomly.

        Here are some plugin options that allow you to drag and drop posts into the
        order you want:

        http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/order-up-custom-post-order/
        http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/enable-posts-order/
        http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/postmash-custom/
        http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/easy-post-order/
        http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-types-order/

        Miriam

        Miriam Schwab
        illuminea web presence agency | www.illuminea.com <http://illuminea.com>
        WordPress tips, tricks & hacks: WPGarage.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2011
          Thanks a lot. This is really useful! Gerry