Holiday weekend findings

  • Jim Strutz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2004
      Wendy and I had a very busy holiday weekend but we managed to get up
      to the Clarion area yesterday despite the rain. We hit most of our
      favorite spots and saw enough platterful mushrooms to fill many
      platters, and we saw lots of hemlock varnish shelf polypores. We
      didn't see many good edibles except some past-prime oysters and some
      very nice chicken-of-the-woods, which we brought home.

      Some notes of interest: DCNR has restricted some state park amenities
      due to budget constraints. Our favorite campground in Cook Forest,
      Heffron Run, is closed for the season. And the Liggett Trail Road was
      closed for unknown reasons.