Re: Take us for a walk

  • sable_bp
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
      Sure, we could take a walk in Westmoreland or any other county. In
      morel season, the best trees to look for tulip poplar trees, old
      apple orchards, and dying elm trees. They may also be found with
      ash, cherry & aspen, but are not usually as productive. If you know
      of a large stand of the first group give me a call at 724-834-2358
      and we will set up a walk.

      The morel dates are filling up fast, so far we have two scheduled in
      Butler County. Indiana County, a few miles beyond Blairsville. Two
      in Washington County near Washington. Two in Allegheny County.

      We also need places for chanterelle, bolete and other walks in the
      summer and of course, walks in the early fall for the host of edible
      and other mushrooms that can be found then. In the summer and fall
      if I only had one tree to pick mushrooms near, it would be large oak
      trees. Of course, many other trees produce many other types of
      mushrooms.

      So look around for a good spot, talk to the landowner and get
      permission and give me a call.

      Big John

      --- In wpamushroomclub@yahoogroups.com, "bopjml" <bopjml@y...> wrote:
      > Are there any walks that could be taken in Westmoreland county?
      Not
      > necessarily walks for morels but for other mushrooms as well. I've
      > been hoping for some walks closer to home. Unfortionately I don't
      > have any suggested locations.
    • Carla Miller
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004

        Mercer County is a beautiful place for a walk. I have not had much luck finding morels here. I know of a wonderful chanterelle spot. We should have a walk here.

        Carla Miller

        Image by FlamingText.com

        Image by FlamingText.com
        >From: "sable_bp"
        >To: wpamushroomclub@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [wpamushroomclub] Re: Take us for a walk
        >Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:02:35 -0000
        >

        >Sure, we could take a walk in Westmoreland or any other county.  In
        >morel season, the best trees to look for tulip poplar trees, old
        >apple orchards, and dying elm trees.  They may also be found with
        >ash, cherry & aspen, but are not usually as productive.  If you know
        >of a large stand of the first group give me a call at 724-834-2358
        >and we will set up a walk.
        >
        >The morel dates are filling up fast, so far we have two scheduled in
        >Butler County.  Indiana County, a few miles beyond Blairsville.  Two
        >in Washington County near Washington.  Two in Allegheny County.
        >
        >We also need places for chanterelle, bolete and other walks in the
        >summer and of course, walks in the early fall for the host of edible
        >and other mushrooms that can be found then.  In the summer and fall
        >if I only had one tree to pick mushrooms near, it would be large oak
        >trees.  Of course, many other trees produce many other types of
        >mushrooms.
        >
        >So look around for a good spot, talk to the landowner and get
        >permission and give me a call.
        >
        >Big John
        >

        >--- In wpamushroomclub@yahoogroups.com, "bopjml" wrote:
        > > Are there any walks that could be taken in Westmoreland county?
        >Not
        > > necessarily walks for morels but for other mushrooms as well.  I've
        > > been hoping for some walks closer to home.  Unfortionately I don't
        > > have any suggested locations.

        High-speed users´┐Żbe more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet Software.