Hens everywhere!

  • George Harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hi all, Buddy of mine from washington co. called this morning after
      he got off work and said come on down lets go hen hunting. So with
      rifle in hand. LOL hehehe not. I drove down to his house. Into the
      woods we went his first spot had already been cut down by another
      shroom hunter. O'well on to the private land his friends own. Just
      stepped into the woods and they were everywhere. 4-6 around most of
      the oaks. some ranged upwards of 10+ pounds which is small sometimes.
      We continued to hunt for a total of 3 hrs to find 45 nice hens. Yes
      we filled 2 30 gallon trash bags full. Not the wises choice for
      mushroom storage but they worked. So as I left his house I decided to
      stop by some big oaks and got out of the car and there were 2 sitting
      at the base of the tree right next to where I had parked.

      Morel of the store is this looks to be the best hen season ever for
      me.
      George Harris