Appalachian Truffles

  • cecily_15215
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2013
    • Boletebill
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2013
        This is an interesting article. It's pretty cool that the famous Black Truffles of France are now grown in Tennesse. BYW they are also grown in Tasmania and Austrailia. My gripe with this article, and with the marketing of specialty food in general is that you CAN'T call them Perigord Truffles.  Perigord is a region in France.  There's no Perigord in Tennesse. This is equivilent to calling a wine grown in California a Bordeaux. You can't "brand" a product with a regional name if you are not that region, IMHO. I know, I know, marketers do it all the time....care for a California Burgandy? How about an Oregon Champagne? Sigh.....

        Bill Yule

            From: "cecily_15215" <cs4wpmc@...>
            Sender: wpamushroomclub@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 13:23:44 -0000