New to Area

  • AZCPL
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2012
      Hi, Caroline and Ron here, we moved from Arizona to retire in PA, we've been here 3 months. Looking forward to learning and hunting for mushrooms anyone interested in helping us learn how please contact us. We live in New Brighton
    • cecily_15215
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2012
        Join the Club (literally)! Our first newsletter is just out, and it's full of meetings, walks and forays, as well as articles, a book review, a recipe and more.

        Our first meeting, "Mushroom Basics: Introduction and Refresher" will be held at Beechwood Farms on March 20. The first walk will be at Hampton Township Park on April 14.

        Also, check out our website at http://wpamushroomclub.org/
      • Valerie Baker
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2012
          Hi, Caroline and Ron.  The Western PA Mushroom Club is where you will learn to identify mushrooms, where to go to look for them, what to do with the mushrooms once you have i.d.'d them. and oh, so much more.  We meet the third Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM in the downstairs auditorium of Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve, Dorseyville Road, Fox Chapel.  During the mushroom growing season, the Club members typically lead mushroom forays every weekend to somewhere in western Pennsylvania.  We have both Indiana Co. and Washington/Green Co. Chapters.  Go to our website at www.wpamushroomclub.org to find out more.  We have been in existance for 11 years and have over 400 members, many of whom really know their mushrooms and excell in both teaching and identification.  We have a Newsletter available to members, cookbooks, T-shirts, etc.  Come join us for some fun out in the woods.

          Valerie Baker

          To: wpamushroomclub@yahoogroups.com
          From: azcpl85303@...
          Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 13:24:34 +0000