2011 NAMA Foray

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011
      Three more WPMC members signed up for the 2011 NAMA Foray today. The foray is quickly filling up. No wonder, in the 25 years that our family has been going to NAMA and NEMF Forays, never has there been so many presenters to help you learn mushrooms.

      You like the woods? Spend your summer vacation with us and meet a lot of new people from all across the country. This is really a once in a lifetime opportunity. Don't miss out! Register today.

      Big John
    • BeholdersEye
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2011
        You must be a NAMA member to attend
      • Becky
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2011
          The correct answer is: You must either be a NAMA member or a host club member to attend. This year you must either be a NAMA member of a member of the Western PA Mushroom Club. This is not a new rule, it has been a rule for years.

          it is going to be a great foray. You should try to attend! We highly suggest. You can go the the NAMA Website to find a lot more about the foray. http://namyco.org/events/index2011-0.html or http://wpamushroomclub.org/ and click the 2011 NAMA Foray tab.

          I might also point out that the following WPMC members will also be presenters at the foray: Mark Spear, Rebecca Miller, Jim Tunney, Frank Lotrich, John Plischke III, Kim Plischke and Becky Plischke.

          Big John

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2 4:24 PM
            Two more WPMC members have signed up for the foray. What is all the excitement about? Why are so many of our members signing up for the North American Mycological Association's Foray in Clarion, PA.

            The reason is simple, there will be more mycologists and presenters at this foray than there has been for years and years at any foray in the US. Think about it, 25 of the top mycologists in the country giving programs and identifying mushrooms at the foray. Another reason is that it is just 2 hours away from downtown Pittsburgh in the beautiful Black Forest of PA which is noted to be loaded with mushrooms.

            Another reason is that if you are a WPMC member you are eligible to attend the foray. Two other reasons are that you don't have to rent a car or pay for a plane trip or both to go to this foray.

            To check the foray out go to http://namyco.org/events/index2011-0.html

            or http://wpamushroomclub.org/

            Hope to see you there!

            Big John
          • Becky
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 6 4:52 PM
              We have received 4 more registrations today by WPMC members for the 2011 NAMA Foray in Clarion, PA, on August 4-7. We are very glad that so many club members are taking advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

              There is still time to register for the foray, but it looks like it is destined to sell out and probably sell out early.

              Don't miss out on this opportunity, register for the foray today!

              Big John