2011 NAMA Foray

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
      For those of you who have not heard the 2011 NAMA Foray will be held at Clarion
      University, Clarion, PA, just off of Interstate 80, August 4-7, 2011. This is
      an excellent site. Four of the five buildings we will be using are brand new,
      being built within the last two years. The science building just opened this
      year.

      This area is exceptional for both the volume of mushrooms it has and the
      diversity. Walt Sturgeon and I, rank it as one of our top places to hunt
      mushrooms. We will both will be mayologists at next year's foray. Walt emailed
      us and reported that he drove over from Ohio and hunted the area today. He
      found 115 species of mushrooms.

      We are in the process of lining up a supurb group of myoclogists for the foray.
      Hopefully, before too long we will be asking David Rust to post some pictures of
      the facility we will be using on NAMA's website. As things develop, we will keep you informed.

      By the way the dining hall, science building, the conference center, and the
      first dorm, which is a new suite style dorm, all have air conditioning. The
      overflow dorm does not. So when we put up registration, we highly suggest that
      you register immediately.

      John Plischke III
      NAMA First Vice President

      PS: This is the first time in the entire history of NAMA that their foray has ever been held in Western PA. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I highly suggest that you budget some vacation time to attend this foray.
    • Becky
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011
        Three more WPMC members signed up for the 2011 NAMA Foray today. The foray is quickly filling up. No wonder, in the 25 years that our family has been going to NAMA and NEMF Forays, never has there been so many presenters to help you learn mushrooms.

        You like the woods? Spend your summer vacation with us and meet a lot of new people from all across the country. This is really a once in a lifetime opportunity. Don't miss out! Register today.

        Big John
      • BeholdersEye
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2011
          You must be a NAMA member to attend
        • Becky
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2011
            The correct answer is: You must either be a NAMA member or a host club member to attend. This year you must either be a NAMA member of a member of the Western PA Mushroom Club. This is not a new rule, it has been a rule for years.

            it is going to be a great foray. You should try to attend! We highly suggest. You can go the the NAMA Website to find a lot more about the foray. http://namyco.org/events/index2011-0.html or http://wpamushroomclub.org/ and click the 2011 NAMA Foray tab.

            I might also point out that the following WPMC members will also be presenters at the foray: Mark Spear, Rebecca Miller, Jim Tunney, Frank Lotrich, John Plischke III, Kim Plischke and Becky Plischke.

            Big John

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2011
              Two more WPMC members have signed up for the foray. What is all the excitement about? Why are so many of our members signing up for the North American Mycological Association's Foray in Clarion, PA.

              The reason is simple, there will be more mycologists and presenters at this foray than there has been for years and years at any foray in the US. Think about it, 25 of the top mycologists in the country giving programs and identifying mushrooms at the foray. Another reason is that it is just 2 hours away from downtown Pittsburgh in the beautiful Black Forest of PA which is noted to be loaded with mushrooms.

              Another reason is that if you are a WPMC member you are eligible to attend the foray. Two other reasons are that you don't have to rent a car or pay for a plane trip or both to go to this foray.

              To check the foray out go to http://namyco.org/events/index2011-0.html

              or http://wpamushroomclub.org/

              Hope to see you there!

              Big John
            • Becky
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 6, 2011
                We have received 4 more registrations today by WPMC members for the 2011 NAMA Foray in Clarion, PA, on August 4-7. We are very glad that so many club members are taking advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

                There is still time to register for the foray, but it looks like it is destined to sell out and probably sell out early.

                Don't miss out on this opportunity, register for the foray today!

                Big John