Quite a Few Chanterelles from our Yard Today

  • shufflocity
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
      We've been watching a couple of patches for several days, then found the largest group yet inside the fence.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/shufflocity/4752684012/

      Some more of our mushroom pics, all found in our yard or on our street:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/shufflocity/sets/72157624226317261/detail/
    • solarpowerfan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2010
        You have one luck yard with all these different shrooms growing, did you stumble home with spores dropping out of the basket of mushrooms you collected?
      • shufflocity
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2010
          I believe the reason we have been doing so well is that we do not attempt to beat our property into manicured lawns and gardens. This is all my wife's doing. She calls it her "FERP" -- Forest Ecology Restoration Project, and it is in the 5th year. We use no fertilizers, herbicides or insecticides. All the Garlic Mustard and bad vines have been removed. We now have a majority of native plants.

          Here are a couple more things from our property. Unfortunately, we found these before we joined the WPMC:

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/shufflocity/4757273875/in/set-72157624226317261/

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/shufflocity/4757274069/in/set-72157624226317261/
        • James Tunney
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 9, 2010
            your second mushroom isn't a hen it's a black staining polypore

            To: wpamushroomclub@yahoogroups.com