Hey anyone finding anything?

  • james
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
       I found a deadly galerina yesterday.
      A spring entoloma on Saturday.
      The week before I found some Tuberia a little grey cup.

      And does anyone have an idea what this is?

      Red flat mushroom?

      I don't usually find the spring entoloma this early, usually there's morels up and about when I do find it.
      Anyone find any of them yet?

      Cheers,

      Jim
    • starkj2@aol.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2010
          Hey Judy,

          Yep, they're Coprinellus micas. Nice I haven't found any of those yet,
          we need some rain.

          By the looks of the flowers that are out, I wouldn't be surprised to
          find yellow morels in Pittsburgh now. I think, not enough rain though.

          Bob and Ginny, Jack and D., How tall are the black morels that you are
          finding?

          I had a dream about a freezer full of Giant Yellow Morels, might be a
          good year.

          Cheers,

          Jim

          --- In wpamushroomclub@yahoogroups.com, starkj2@... wrote:

          > We saw these on a Ramble in Harrison Hills Park today. Are they
          Coprinus ?

          > Judy Stark
          >

          > In a message dated 4/6/2010 12:58:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          > aminitam@... writes:
          >

          > I found a deadly galerina yesterday.
          > A spring entoloma on Saturday.
          > The week before I found some Tuberia a little grey cup.
          >
          > And does anyone have an idea what this is?
          >
          > _Red flat mushroom?_
          > (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60614767@N00/4495526049/)
          >
          > I don't usually find the spring entoloma this early, usually there's
          > morels up and about when I do find it.
          > Anyone find any of them yet?
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Jim

        • Indiana County Chapter WPMC
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 9, 2010
            The first ones we found were 2.5 to 3 inches, went back yesterday and some of the little ones have gotten to about 3.5 inches but were drying out on top.

            Yep, they're Coprinellus micas. Nice I haven't found any of those yet,
            we need some rain.

            By the looks of the flowers that are out, I wouldn't be surprised to
            find yellow morels in Pittsburgh now. I think, not enough rain though.

            Bob and Ginny, Jack and D., How tall are the black morels that you are
            finding?

            I had a dream about a freezer full of Giant Yellow Morels, might be a
            good year.

            Cheers,

            Jim

            --- In wpamushroomclub@ yahoogroups. com, starkj2@... wrote:

            > We saw these on a Ramble in Harrison Hills Park today. Are they
            Coprinus ?

            > Judy Stark
            >

            > In a message dated 4/6/2010 12:58:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            > aminitam@... writes:
            >

            > I found a deadly galerina yesterday.
            > A spring entoloma on Saturday.
            > The week before I found some Tuberia a little grey cup.
            >
            > And does anyone have an idea what this is?
            >
            > _Red flat mushroom?_
            > (http://www.flickr. com/photos/ 60614767@ N00/4495526049/)
            >
            > I don't usually find the spring entoloma this early, usually there's
            > morels up and about when I do find it.
            > Anyone find any of them yet?
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Jim

          • james
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 10, 2010
              They sound like they are pretty far along. Thanks for the heads up that they're up.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 10, 2010
                Picked 40 3 to 4 inch blacks last night. Checked some other locations today and they are just starting in those spots. We still need more rain.