mushroom guide

  • Corey
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2009
      All,

      I am new to mushrooms and am looking for a good guide. I have looked at Roger Phillips' book and the Audubon guide, are either of these good for identification? Are there other, better books?

      Also, I have taken many photos of mushrooms and other fungi and was wondering if there was anywhere that someone could identify the fungi in photos if i posted them to a webpage.

      Thanks and happy new year,
      Corey
    • aminitam
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2010
        Hey Corey,

        Those are both good books, the Audubon for identification and Phillips book for the photos.
        I recommend Bessettes book Mushrooms of Northeast America and Aroras book Mushroom Demystified for IDing mushrooms, both have good keys.

        You can upload pictures to the photo section here:

        Or open a flickr or imageshack account, or something similar and put links to your requested ID's in your post.

        Mushroomobserver.com  is also a good place to ask for ID's

        Cheers,

        Jim