stump/honey mushrooms

  • sable_bp
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      A few weeks back, I heard someone say the stump mushroom season was
      about over. I would disagree. Many times on a nice day in buck
      season, hunters find stump mushrooms. We have seen the reports of
      shaggy manes and bluets popping up. Don't give there is still mushroom
      hunting season left.

      Big John
    • DSPAHR3D@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
        In a message dated 11/03/2007 1:29:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sable_bp@... writes:
        A few weeks back, I heard someone say the stump mushroom season was
        about over. I would disagree. Many times on a nice day in buck
        season, hunters find stump mushrooms. We have seen the reports of
        shaggy manes and bluets popping up. Don't give there is still mushroom
        hunting season left.

        Big John

        Still plenty of mushrooms in Maine. I just found the first, relatively early pleurotus ostreatus on sugar maple. Loads of them. I'll post a picture. Horses and meadows are around, shaggys, a few straggler hens. Very few boletes.

        David Spahr