new year finds

  • donna
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
      went to the woods today and found woodears,and mock orange oysters.

      was hopeing to find winter oysters but didn,t see any..

      great weather for the first of january....

      happy new year everyone.

      donna
    • Vlad
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007

        Yup, I could take this kind of weather all winter :o)

        Here in MA we had the warmest December ever.  Local weathermen are predicting temperatures in the 40’s and 50’s for the next 7 days, starting this Wednesday.  So we are getting the January thaw before anything froze :o)  In a few days I will be out in the woods looking for oysters!!

        Vlad

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
          Good work, Donna. You may be the first person in OH and PA to find
          edible mushrooms!

          I was out for a while a couple days before New Year's and struck out.

          Big John