They are still out there

  • sable_bp
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
      Larry Whalan and I decided to do some multitasking the other day. We
      went to Lake Arthur to check out the ducks and to see what mushrooms we
      could find. We found stump mushrooms, horse mushrooms, and shaggy
      manes.

      Big John
    • C. James Strutz
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
        > Larry Whalan and I decided to do some multitasking the other day.
        > We went to Lake Arthur to check out the ducks and to see what
        > mushrooms we could find. We found stump mushrooms, horse
        > mushrooms, and shaggy manes.

        I'm still finding shaggy manes and parasols. Found about 20 parasols a week
        or so ago. Then I came home the other day and found these growing under my
        Jeep. Shaggy manes are amazing with how they can push their way out of the
        ground, almost through anything. It's been a pretty good mushroom year.
      • frank carnes
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
          got a nice mess of oysters here in blair co. the other day that were still in nice shape..ive even found them in the winter...frozen on the log, that when thawed out were still good  frank