hunting

  • Vlad
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2006

      After a lot of heat, we had a violent thunderstorm go through, yesterday, so I went out to Grafton , MA this morning.  There was no sign of much rain in Grafton but the old dependable still had mushrooms to offer.  Found X. affine, X. separans and X. purpureum.  Found a few Pale Bolete and a few Bicolor.  Found a young bolete that I now think of being a pseudo sensibilis if not Boletus pseudosensibilis.  Take look at the picture story.

      http://www.mushroomhunter.net/bps.htm

      In the interesting department, I noticed a couple of polypores growing on top of a stump.  They had interesting concentric arc design plus a pretty good imitation of gills.

      http://www.mushroomhunter.net/pgpoly.htm

      Also managed to get a bit better pictures of the Stemonitis axifera.

      http://www.mushroomhunter.net/saxifera2.htm

      Vlad