Re: Morels

  • larshalfass
    Message 1 of 84 , Apr 1, 2006
      About middle hillside with a southern exposure lots of dark rocks
      around that seem to warm the ground sooner. It's a spot that I look at
      every year as one of the first to have morels. Wasn't really expecting
      any yet so I didn't have my camera. They were small- about 1 1/2" to 2"
      tall.

      Lars
    • Valerie Baker
      Message 84 of 84 , May 4, 2012
        Joe, we only found 12 at Mingo after about 12 hrs. of hiking!!  Found nothing at Cross Creek.  It doesn't look too good.

        Valerie Baker

        To: wpamushroomclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: pastpresjml@...
        Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 13:41:45 +0000
        Subject: [wpamushroomclub] Morels

        I have not found a single morel this year. I was out yesterday for a walk. The undergrowth is coming up quickly. My only hope now is to find a bunch growing along the side of a country road.