Aug 3 Walk, McConnell's Mill

  • sable_bp
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2002
      August 3 – 1:00-??, McConnell's Mill State Park, Lawrence County.
      Meet Bob Lucas and Elizabeth Barrow. We will walk and identify
      mushrooms we find.

      Take I-79 to Exit 29, Rt 422W and go toward New Castle. In 1.5 mi.,
      Rt 422 crosses Rt. 19. Just 0.3 mi. beyond this intersection is the
      park entrance on the left. Follow this road for 1.1 mi. to a large
      picnic and parking area on the right.

      For all walks and forays, bring water and food. Dress for the
      weather. Bring basket, wax bags, whistle, compass, chair, hand lens,
      and books for identification. Come 15-30 min early and socialize.
      Check website or Yahoo Groups for changes. Bring your membership
      card and a friend or two.

      We request that no one hunts a walk or foray location for at least
      two weeks prior to a walk or foray. It is only through your
      cooperation that we can have successful walks and forays.