Welcome

  • Fungi01@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2001
      Welcome to the Western PA Mushroom Club. 3 of the mushrooms that are
      up this month include The Scarlet Cup (Sarcosypha occidentalis),
      Velvet Foot (Flammulina velutipes), and the Pinecone Tooth
      (Auriscalpium vulgare). The Pinecone Tooth is often found growing on
      partially burried cones of red pine. It is hard to spot because of
      its small size and brown color. Searching for it is excellent
      practice for your eyes to become accustom to the hunt, since the
      morels will start to come up at the end of March. Make Sure to check
      out the clubs files section for photos of morels and other
      mushrooms. Feel free to add your photos there.
    • sable_bp@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2001
        Welcome to the Western Pennsylvania Mushroom Club's Yahoo Groups!

        We know that everyone will use good taste in the use of this site.
        It is a place for sharing information about wild mushrooms. Last
        minute club notices will be posted here, including additions and any
        cancellations that may happen.

        The first club meeting will be on Tuesday, March 20 at 7:00 p.m. at
        Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve. Directions can be found on the
        club's website, a link is on this Home page.

        We hope that you enjoy using this site.

        Sincerely,
        John Plischke
        President
        Western PA Mushroom Club
      • sable_bp
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 17, 2001
          Special welcome to marigold, our latest member! The club owes a
          great deal to this member and she is one of the club member's
          favorite people.

          John