July 13 Walk in North Park

  • sable_bp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2002
      July 13 - 10:00-12:00 (?) North Park, Allegheny County. Meet Jack &
      Valerie Baker, Roger Hummel and Dorothy Fornof at Swimming Pool
      parking lot. Will go to secret location. If the boletes are up, we
      could find a bonanza.

      DIRECTIONS to North Park
      http://www.county.allegheny.pa.us/parks/parkphon.asp From Pittsburgh
      go north on Rt. 8. Turn left onto Wildwood Road onto the Yellow Belt
      (Ford Dealer and Boston Market on the right). Go 1.3 mi. to a red
      light; go straight (W Hardies). Continue another 1.6 mi. to a red
      light at North Park Entrance, road name changes to Ingomar Road at
      this intersection, Turn left on Babcock Blvd. Follow the signs to
      the Swimming Pool parking lot and find the car with a yellow ribbon
      on the antenna.

      We request that no one hunts a walk or foray location for at least
      two weeks prior to a walk or foray. It is only through your
      cooperation that we can have successful walks and foray.

      At all walks and programs, bring your mushrooms from home for
      identification. For all walks and forays, bring water and food.
      Dress for the weather. Bring basket, wax bags, whistle, compass,
      chair, hand lens, and books for identification. Come 15-30 min early
      and socialize. Bring your membership card and a friend or two.