Re: Rain

  • Jim Strutz
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      > John III and I have rain gauges in our yards.
      > We do that because the weather report doesn't
      > tell how much rain has fallen in our area.
      > Yesterday we had only a quarter of an inch.
      > Today we had 3 quarters of an inch.

      Here's an idea for you. We distribute data logging rain gauges to the
      homes of club members across the region. Then we have a process running
      on each computer that periodically updates a central database with
      rainfall data. We make the database accessible from our club's web
      site, possibly in a graphical format that allows us to easily track
      where and how much rain has fallen for the previous week or so. Okay,
      okay...feet back on the ground.
    • Glen plumley
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
        Or, maybe we could use this http://www.afws.net/states/pa/pa.htm

        > John III and I have rain gauges in our yards.
        > We
        do that because the weather report doesn't
        > tell how much rain has fallen
        in our area.
        > Yesterday we had only a quarter of an inch.

        Today we had 3 quarters of an inch.

        Here's an idea for you. We distribute data logging rain gauges to the
        homes of club members across the region. Then we have a process running
        on each computer that periodically updates a central database with
        rainfall data. We make the database accessible from our club's web
        site, possibly in a graphical format that allows us to easily track
        where and how much rain has fallen for the previous week or so. Okay,
        okay...feet back on the ground.

      • sable_bp
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2007
          Our rain guage was empty when we went to bed lastnight. When we woke
          up this morning it had 2 1/2 inches of rain. Love those rain
          guages.

          Many times when the rain is on the shy side and mushrooms aren't very
          plentiful, after a heavy rain like we just got, mushrooms start popping
          up everywhere. Give it a couple of days then it is time to get out in
          the woods. The next couple of weeks ought to be great.

          Big John
        • larshalfass
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2007
            Be very careful. Lot's of mushrooms will be up after the rain that we
            have had. Many are good edibles but a few can get you into big trouble.
            I saw some of these on my walk today.

            Lars
          • dickiephyls@netzero.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7, 2007
              Lars' message ended rather abruptly... I'm wondering if he ate them?
            • tomi tomi
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 7, 2007
                Hi
                It's raining ! It's start two days ago ... For friday i'll go to the forest, with a photo - camera ...

                PS I already have in my garden volvariella bombycina !! ... I forgot to say - I am from Romania - Buzau - Ramnicu Sarat

                "dickiephyls@..." <dickiephyls@...> wrote:
                Lars' message ended rather abruptly... I'm wondering if he ate them?

                Luggage? GPS? Comic books?