Question for you

  • sable_bp
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
      Question, who is seeing what kind of mushrooms? What's up? What have
      you been finding?

      Big John
    • Chris and Tamra Schiappa
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
        Last Saturday (5/28) we collected about 3 dozen morels (Morchella esculenta) in an old apple/thorn apple orchard and also got a huge basketful of Oyster Mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus) on downed poplars in the Mercer County-Grove City area.  Do you think we are at the tail end of the morels for the season?

        Chris Schiappa
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
          I think there are still possibilities and expect that some morels
          might be found at the club walk at Moraine State Park this Sunday

          June 5, Sunday - 10:00-12:00 Moraine State Park, Butler County.
          Meet Jim and Charlotte Tunney. From Butler take US 422 west 8.7
          miles to PA 528 N and turn right, then an immediately left just
          before a lawn & garden store with a John Deere sign. Go about .8
          mile to the parking lot at the end of the road near the boat launch
          by the lake. OR take I-79 N to 422 E for about 4 ½ miles and turn
          left onto PA 528 N, then follow the directions above. We will drive
          to a secret location.

          --- In wpamushroomclub@yahoogroups.com, "Chris and Tamra Schiappa"
          <schiappa@z...> wrote:
          > Last Saturday (5/28) we collected about 3 dozen morels (Morchella
          esculenta) in an old apple/thorn apple orchard and also got a huge
          basketful of Oyster Mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus) on downed poplars
          in the Mercer County-Grove City area. Do you think we are at the
          tail end of the morels for the season?

          > Chris Schiappa

          Service.
        • randy danielson
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
            Chickens, oysters, Galerina, agrocybe, the last of the morels last week, deer mushrooms, LBM's ........Randy

            sable_bp <sable_bp@...> wrote:
            Question, who is seeing what kind of mushrooms?  What's up?  What have
            you been finding?

            Big John

            Randy Danielson

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • sable_bp
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
              I'm in Korea for two weeks and the only mushrooms I've see have been on
              my plate or at the market....lots of varnish shelf, sold "whole". I
              have been hiking, but I think it has been too dry. We are just before
              the monsoon season here. Mostly the woods have been pine forests. I
              did get an email from Peter at the cabin in Westfield NY and he is
              beginning to see deer mushroom and dryads saddles. I'll be back next
              week.... oh yeah, I asked a Korean why I wasn't seeing any, and the
              answer
              was, that if there were any, a Korean has already found it!

              Susan Baker

              Question, who is seeing what kind of mushrooms? What's up? What have
              you been finding?

              Big John

              (This was on our email, so we think Yahoo sent it the wrong place)
            • Bill
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
                oysters and chickens have been plentiful in the woods behind our house.

                Bill
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 5, 2005
                  I picked some and saw no colors--like to share with you but they are very hard to find
                  I'am from wisconsin

                  Bill <gwbugz@...> wrote:
                  oysters and chickens have been plentiful in the woods behind our house.

                  Bill
                  Question, who is seeing what kind of mushrooms?  What's up?  What have
                  you been finding?

                  Big John

                  Virus Database (VPS): 0522-10, 06/02/2005
                  Tested on: 6/2/2005 6:21:57 PM

                  Virus Database (VPS): 0522-11, 06/03/2005
                  Tested on: 6/3/2005 9:33:50 AM

                  from THE DOG HOUSE where a man can learn to be a dogs best freind

                  http://mail.yahoo.com