We found a few good pounds of Wine-cap Stropharia. stropharia- rugosoannulata

  • rgd1856
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 5:30 AM
      Rye and I started out looking for morels but then stumbled upon what
      I later found to be a found a few good pounds of Wine-cap Stropharia.
      stropharia- rugosoannulata. They were popping up everywhere on top of
      the embankment of a newly constructed road. It took all night for
      one cap to produce a print purple/black. I also found a bunch of
      yellow mushrooms that I have yet been able to identify. If and when
      I find out I will post my findings......Randy
    • fungi020
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 2:27 PM
        I like the Wine Cap Stropharia, its flavor is very good. I typically
        find it in mulched areas. Sometimes I can fill up a 5 gallon bucket
        or more. Remember the spot because the typically come back in the
        fall. I wish morels would do that. I oftem find Agrocybe species
        growing next to the Stropharia.
        JohnIII