  • Sam Cook
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006

      July 2006 Reports

      July 3, 2006

      Announcing the Winner of the 2006 Annual Giveaway <http://mytwobeadsworth.com/Giveawaywinner06.html>

      July 4, 1776-July 4, 2006: Winds of Change <http://mytwobeadsworth.com/WindsofChange.html>

      Dear Friends,

      It's been a difficult time health-wise for me the last few months.  My most recent hospitalization has really caused me to fall far behind on so many things.  I am happy to finally have our winner of the Giveaway chosen and announced with this notice.  In all the years that I've been doing the Giveaway, I have never been this late.  But now that we have that done - there are more things coming up.

      I urge you to keep up-to-date with as many "reliable" sources as possible when it comes to Bear Butte, the Western Shoshone, Six Nations, etc.  Their websites are the first source of information that you should choose to view, rather than only rely upon what you are told, or what you may read on mailing lists.  It's always better to check the direct source for accurate information, for, as we know, there are individuals and groups who purposely try to cause confusion and stir things up and that helps no one.

      If you can go to Bear Butte's Gathering please do - it officially begins tomorrow.  If you can offer non-violent support to Six Nations - go and do so.  But most of all, support the protection of Sacred Lands, stand with the Hopi and Navajo against their forced removal - write letters, call your elected officials, write to the local newspaper - do everything you can, because you would be surprised at how much your letters and telephone calls can help.

      I will try to keep up-to-date on these issues and more, but right now, I am not able to do as much as I want online as I am still recuperating and I just don't have the strength I normally have in getting My Two Beads Worth done or so many other things I want to do.  I am planning on taking the summer off to recuperate, rest and regain my physical strength and to renew my spirit.  But I won't be able to stay away completely.  I want to get the information back on the website that has always been up there - information that is very valuable and helpful to people.  I am going to try to do some of that this summer too.  The Story Tellers Section is a wonderful stop for reading original stories and teaching stories too.  This is just one of my goals.  But it all takes time and I am only one person and I think Creator is telling me to take time to rest and to recuperate physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  So, I'm going to try to do that this summer.

      In any event, I will keep you all posted.

      I appreciate as always, your support and interest in My Two Beads Worth, your contributions, and all your prayers and concern for my health.  Thank you so much for your prayers.

      to hi du

      Jeanne Svhiyeyi Aga Chadwick

      ------ End of Forwarded Message