Fwd: [gathering.place] Gathering Place First Nations Canadian News

  • marcel guay
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 27, 2001
      From: Sharon Green <sharon.green@...>
      To: "gathering.place@..." <gathering.place@...>
      Subject: [gathering.place] Gathering Place First Nations Canadian News
      Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 01:25:56 -0600

      Gathering Place First Nations Canadian News

      February 26 2001

      Please see * and ** at bottom

      Greetings to all of the people out there who help this news letter
      grow and keep on growing.First let me say thank you for spreading the
      word around and adding more people to my email list .
      I am truly honoured to have you all. I am adding a new section to our
      news letter. I am calling it GOOD NEWS. So many times all we ever see
      and hear about are the not so good things that are going on. So I am
      asking all who receive this news list to please help us out and send me
      Good News to share with our readers... It can be what ever you would
      like to share anything that is good for First Nations. Just send it
      to me and you will see it here. I would be happy to hear any comments
      you have as well.
      Sharon
      onen

      NOW FOR THE .......

      GOOD NEWS

      CANADIAN INUIT AID RUSSIA KIN

      Feb. 26, 2001.

      OTTAWA (CP) - Canadian Inuit are
      spending $21,000 on rifles, ammunition
      and other equipment to help
      impoverished Inuit in Russia hunt for
      food.
      Full Story
      http://www.canadianaboriginal.com/news/sharonindex.html

      RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL SURVIVORS SHARE PAIN

      Feb 26 2001
      EDMONTON - First Nations people are speaking out about the abuse they
      and others suffered at residential schools, says the coordinator of
      aweekend conference on the issue.
      FULL STORY
      http://www.canadianaboriginal.com/news/sharonindex.html

      Now the .....

      OTHER NEWS

      RESERVES CALLED SUICIDE 'BREEDING GROUNDS'

      Feb. 26, 2001
      OTTAWA (CP) - Canada's reserves are ''breeding grounds
      for suicide,'' a delegate said Monday at a national
      health conference of the Assembly of First Nations.
      Full Story
      http://www.canadianaboriginal.com/news/sharonindex.html

      WORKER WAS TRAINED TO SPOT STARVATION
      Woman responsible for baby had session 3 months before he died, jury
      told

      Feb. 26, 2001
      By Tracy Huffman
      Toronto Star Staff Reporter
      Three months before Jordan Heikamp died of starvation the Catholic
      Children's Aid Society worker assigned to monitor the newborn's care was
      trained to recognize a malnourished child, a coroner's jury has been
      told.
      FULL STORY
      http://www.canadianaboriginal.com/news/sharonindex.html

      *If you would like our News and Special Reports sent out to you, your
      family , friends or to your list Please Ask....
      We would be more then happy to send it to anyone but
      Please Respect that this is someone's work and Ask......Contact me at
      sharon.green@...

      **This news letter is � And is the property of
      Gathering Place First Nations ,Ca
      and Canadian Aboriginal .Com
      Compiled by Sharon Green